OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
Okay so many of you heard that the wii U will have downloadable gamecube content. I hope the games don't cost alot of wii u points. i mean i can buy super mario sunshine for 6 dollars at gamestop. But i don't want to buy the virtual version of it for like 20 dollars via wii u points. Discuss.

D

Deleted-236924

tagzard said:
Pingouin7 said:
Play it on a Wii.
Which brigs us to. Do you think people are going to sell their wii for a wii u?
Which brings us to. Do you think people who have lots of GameCube games are going to sell their Wii to get a Wii U, assuming they don't have a GameCube?

tagzard

Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
tagzard said:
Pingouin7 said:
Play it on a Wii.
Which brigs us to. Do you think people are going to sell their wii for a wii u?
Which brings us to. Do you think people who have lots of GameCube games are going to sell their Wii to get a Wii U, assuming they don't have a GameCube?
I have one. But wiht people who don't. Are they going to blow 20 bucks for a virtual gc game?

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Wii u will have gamecube VC(virtual console)
smile.gif

its obvious, remember the gamecube disk were small so they didn't take up that much space, so why not have gamecube virtual console.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
t377y000 said:
smile.gif

its obvious, remember the gamecube disk were small so they didn't take up that much space, so why not have gamecube virtual console.
What's that have to do with making a GCN Virtual Console? The N64 carts were big and bulky, and they were put into the VC...
If by "size" you mean file size, the average GCN game was 1.35 GB. It may not seem like a lot on it's own, but it would certainly pile up, especially if you're using an SD card.

tagzard

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
So do you think the wii u will have hard drives. Like external like the xbox 360. The wiis now has sucky memory. I can download like 5 n64 games and some wii ware and i'm out of memory. So this is what i want in the new wii u. TONS OF MEMORY/EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wii U supports external hardrives if memory serves me correct so that shouldn't be too bad, considering you can get 1TB HDD for a reasonable price. I agree with you regarding the memory capacity for the Wii, it was utterly atrocious.

tagzard

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
emigre said:
Wii U supports external hardrives if memory serves me correct so that shouldn't be too bad, considering you can get 1TB HDD for a reasonable price. I agree with you regarding the memory capacity for the Wii, it was utterly atrocious.
It is right. So are they going to have custom hard drives?

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tagzard said:
emigre said:
More likely than not, they'll make Nintendo brand hard drives. Whether or not they'll be the only type supported is another story.

tagzard

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
tagzard said:
emigre said:
More likely than not, they'll make Nintendo brand hard drives. Whether or not they'll be the only type supported is another story.
Nice. And what about DVD's.

tagzard

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
emigre said:
Fuck no. This is Nintendo we're talking about.
Ya man. That's what i thought.
But do you think that nintendo will make a new shop channel which requires new cards you need to buy. And has anyone seen the homescreen of the wii u yet?

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just hope Nintendo spend a lot of time and consideration in improving the user interface and shop. I really detest the Wii's homescreen, it just didn't feel intuitive at all. And Nintendo are an absolute joke regarding digital distribution.

thorn_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow i just heard about this. Image being in the comfort of bed, and playing wind waker or sunshine.

gamecubegameswiiuthumb5.jpg

I wish you could take it anywhere.

Also i'll only sell my wii if the wii u gets hacked

tagzard

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
superthorn96 said:
Wow i just heard about this. Image being in the comfort of bed, and playing wind waker or sunshine.

gamecubegameswiiuthumb5.jpg

I wish you could take it anywhere.

Also i'll only sell my wii if the wii u gets hacked
Wait the GC is portable? Thats amazing. And why can't we take it everywhere? And if the wii U gets hacked who besides me thinks GC emulation?

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
t377y000 said:
smile.gif

What's that have to do with making a GCN Virtual Console? The N64 carts were big and bulky, and they were put into the VC...
If by "size" you mean file size, the average GCN game was 1.35 GB. It may not seem like a lot on it's own, but it would certainly pile up, especially if you're using an SD card.

yes i meant file size, & we cant be sure every game will be 1.35GB.
also even if every game was 1.35GB that doesnt seem like it would be a problem.
SDHC cards max at 32GB i think, also theres a possibility that it will also use SDXC cards which max at 1TB, also its confirmed that it will be able to use USB storage(use flash drives, & use hdds, pretty much any type of storage trough usb) also for the wii the wiimote (16KB) had internal storage, not alot but for game saves they could do that for wii u controller too because you can play away from tv.

so for storage wii u has
internal console memory = not confirmed but i see it far over 8gb (it is confirmed to be flash tho)
SDHC = 32GB + SDXC = 1TB (if sdxc compatible)
USB = infinant (any usb device which woulbe from MB, GB to 2TB)
controller Storage = not sure but i think the rumored 8GB may be the controllers storage (theres a possibility that they will allow game storage on the controller also)

i see that as a factor of lowering cost too seeing ps3 this gen have diffrent prices, like 399, 499, 599, just because of hdd space.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*