• Replies 26
  • Likes 3

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HOLY crap! If those Chinese factories could make a resistive touch screen this responsive, we might be able to get a decent Galaxy Note knockoff! Seriously, the way the Wii U gamepad handles finger and stylus input while being a resistive screen is simply amzing

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
HOLY crap! If those Chinese factories could make a resistive touch screen this responsive, we might be able to get a decent Galaxy Note knockoff! Seriously, the way the Wii U gamepad handles finger and stylus input while being a resistive screen is simply amazing
The thing is all kinds of stuff is actually made in China. The thing is that when it's a big, international company that has them making it, they make sure it's done to their higher specs. When it's the so called "Chinese knockoff" companies that has them being made they skimp on any costs they can so I'm sure they're perfectly capable of making such a device. They just realize it's a whole lot cheaper to make a crappy one.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HOLY crap! If those Chinese factories could make a resistive touch screen this responsive, we might be able to get a decent Galaxy Note knockoff! Seriously, the way the Wii U gamepad handles finger and stylus input while being a resistive screen is simply amazing
The thing is all kinds of stuff is actually made in China. The thing is that when it's a big, international company that has them making it, they make sure it's done to their higher specs. When it's the so called "Chinese knockoff" companies that has them being made they skimp on any costs they can so I'm sure they're perfectly capable of making such a device. They just realize it's a whole lot cheaper to make a crappy one.

I know and agree, I was just saying that whatever technique the Wii U gamepad uses is great for a Galaxy Note tablet knockoff. I'm sure that a resistive touch screen in vein of the Wii U is still cheaper than the tech used in the Galaxy note series.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
HOLY crap! If those Chinese factories could make a resistive touch screen this responsive, we might be able to get a decent Galaxy Note knockoff! Seriously, the way the Wii U gamepad handles finger and stylus input while being a resistive screen is simply amzing
(Almost) Everything is made in China now. :P

I don't think it'll be able to match Note quality. The Note isn't using a resistive panel at all.

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted_171835

OP
Resistive screens on the DS/3DS always seemed pretty responsive to me (to fingers).

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Almost) Everything is made in China now. :P

I don't think it'll be able to match Note quality. The Note isn't using a resistive panel at all.

I know the Note is not using a resistive nor a capacitive screen. The screen is proprietary, With that said, a resistive screen with enough sensitivity to feel as if it's capacitive (upon finger touching) whilst holding on to a resistive screen's main trait (being great with a stylus) is perfect for... once again a "Galaxy Note knockoff" emphasis on the word "knockoff"

And YES I know that almost everything is made in China :P

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8