Hacking Wii Theme Team Creations V2

RELOADthatREMIX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
do you have this matrix Wii theme still lying around? I can't find it anywhere cus wadder.net is down. I'm on ver 4.3e (btw this is the EXACT one that I would like, not the one with the characters as the pointers and different "press a to continue")

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 293

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
do you have this matrix Wii theme still lying around? I can't find it anywhere cus wadder.net is down. I'm on ver 4.3e (btw this is the EXACT one that I would like, not the one with the characters as the pointers and different "press a to continue")
I'm afraid I think i do not have it anymore more but I will have a good look when I get on my computer in a bit
If you do manage to find one even as a csm for 4.xU I can make it to mym that you can then use just pm me

Reactions: banjo2

MyNameIzApple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi diddy81, I love your content. I need to ask a question regarding some of the assets.
1. How can I get all the files needed to make a fully complete theme (multiple player cursors, bottom bar where the settings icon is, settings menu) because I looked around the internet and every tutorial links back to your forum posts. Thanks!

Reactions: banjo2

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi diddy81, I love your content. I need to ask a question regarding some of the assets.
1. How can I get all the files needed to make a fully complete theme (multiple player cursors, bottom bar where the settings icon is, settings menu) because I looked around the internet and every tutorial links back to your forum posts. Thanks!
best thing to do is to learn by dismantling themes that have the parts edited already and pick it apart till you understand how it works
you can compare files to a base app's files to see whats changed
also the Theme Brlyt Editor I made has many of the modifications from the start and could be edited to add more to it

MyNameIzApple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only issue to that is they are compressed to ash files, and are almost impossible to get the source PNG files from. Are you saying Theme Brlyt Editor or ThemeMii can make it so the compressed mym's and csm's with ash files can be read as pngs?

Last edited by MyNameIzApple,

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The only issue to that is they are compressed to ash files, and are almost impossible to get the source PNG files from. Are you saying Theme Brlyt Editor or ThemeMii can make it so the compressed mym's and csm's with ash files can be read as pngs?
grab wii.cs tools from here and use u8mii to unpack the ash files then use tplmii to convert the tpl files to png
if you get a error unpacking the ash files they are probably compressed so use lz77mii to decompress them first
also its not just the image files that need changing you will need the brlyt files as well or the images will not show correctly as the brlyt files control how you see them and the brlan files control any animation of the images

MyNameIzApple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! I have a question regarding the tpl decompression process. Is there a way to make it so it coverts an entire folder of tpl's, rather than individually having to convert every single one?

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks! I have a question regarding the tpl decompression process. Is there a way to make it so it coverts an entire folder of tpl's, rather than individually having to convert every single one?
I feel really bad for saying this but I honestly can not remember how I used to do batch tpl conversion

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

?

Attachments

• Wii Matrix and Matrix Reloaded MYM Themes.zip
    2 MB · Views: 172
Reactions: RELOADthatREMIX

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks for those files I've add them to my other thread as that's the only one i plan to keep updated now
thanking yourself really.

i appreciate your efforts , collected what i could.
many things like this are nolstagic to me ...from many artist also
so i tried to hold on to everything

Gamez113

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey! i've tried the tomb raider theme, but for no obvious reason, the health menu doesn't work as usual, i see the black screen text and the press a to start flash in big at the top of the screen, what could be causing that? thanks in advance!

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hey! i've tried the tomb raider theme, but for no obvious reason, the health menu doesn't work as usual, i see the black screen text and the press a to start flash in big at the top of the screen, what could be causing that? thanks in advance!
I'm going to guess that you wii is not set to US English

Russellgro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so weird thing just happened on the vWii mode when playing around with the theme. I have 0000001f.app as my backup, but as I import the theme I head to the Wii options menu and I get options like Gamecube and Copy (which crash my system as I am not allowed to use them) and SD Card as my back button. Is there any solution for the fix? It;s on my Wii U.

Last edited by Russellgro,

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wii themes are not 100% compatible with the vWii due to the many changes Nintendo made one part that is broken is the settings section.
The only way to fix this is to remake the theme from scratch using the vWii base app instead of the Wii base app which was used to create the theme originally.
This would require finding the parts that are not working correctly extracting the brlyt and brlan files and comparing them to the themes files and then at minimum finding the sections of the file that are still in both files and copying the edits over.

Reactions: Russellgro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto