Hacking Wii Mod

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, is there a way to Delete Channels using Win Mod ? I looked all around and I couldn't find anything. As well, I was wondering if there was a manual for Win Mod somewhere. It's not really needed because most is self explanatory, but I thought I would ask.
Yes there is a way in Wii Mod, just goto the Advanced Menu and then select Any Title Manager. No I haven't ever written a manual for Wii Mod as there are always plenty of people writing great guides already and since Wii Mod is a built upon many existing tools many of the older guides and such aren't far off. Also lastly, Wii Mod is open source so it's not like there are any secrets.
Question, is there a way to Delete Channels using Win Mod ? I looked all around and I couldn't find anything. As well, I was wondering if there was a manual for Win Mod somewhere. It's not really needed because most is self explanatory, but I thought I would ask.

to delete channels go to data management in the system menu...

or you can use any title deleter but be careful
...or use the one in Wii Mod.

i didnt know "win mod" had that feature, my bad!

tstwitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I deleted NeoGama Channel all worked well.
When I deleted USB Loader GX 3.0 the Wii had a black screen system crash (reloaded in 5 seconds). The Channel did delete though after checking later.
When I deleted Wiiflow Channel all worked well.

Wii was modded just two weeks ago with latest code from wiihacks.com using all the latest App Pack v4, I was using a new TR (blue) remote.
Wii Mod v 3.2

tstwitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was wondering if there was a way for Win Mod to provide a summary at the end of installing a bunch of wads like MMM does. I find that summary at the end of a batch wad install to be extremely useful, like when doing 30 wads. If the summary said "28 wads installed successfully, 2 wads install errors", something like that, would be awesome.

Right now, when Win Mod does an install of 30+ wads, it just leaves you on the last screen... and your left wondering, where there any errors? Those used to MMM would be looking for a summary at the end of the batch wad install.

Even more useful would be a way to scroll up the wad install screen to review the history... but at that point maybe I am asking too much :)

jskyboo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I deleted USB Loader GX 3.0 the Wii had a black screen system crash (reloaded in 5 seconds). The Channel did delete though after checking later.
Hmm, if you are able to reinstall that channel and delete it again and it crashes just the same, point me in the direction of the forwarder and I'll check it out.
I was wondering if there was a way for Wii Mod* to provide a summary at the end of installing a bunch of wads like MMM does. I find that summary at the end of a batch wad install to be extremely useful, like when doing 30 wads. If the summary said "28 wads installed successfully, 2 wads install errors", something like that, would be awesome.

Right now, when Wii Mod* does an install of 30+ wads, it just leaves you on the last screen... and your left wondering, where there any errors? Those used to MMM would be looking for a summary at the end of the batch wad install.

Even more useful would be a way to scroll up the wad install screen to review the history... but at that point maybe I am asking too much :)
It will give you a summary of errors if there are errors, but if not it won't print a summary. It only summarizes the errors.

Reactions: 1 person

tstwitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hum, IMO having that summary of successful/unsuccessful wad installs at the end of the batch wad install is a fantastic feature i(in MMM). Not sure how other people think though ;) So far I am really enjoying Win Mod! The ability to do some common Channel installs, right over the internet is...well wow.

... I still suck at editing quotes, so sadly this post is without any useful quotes to reference from :wtf:

tstwitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, if you are able to reinstall that channel and delete it again and it crashes just the same, point me in the direction of the forwarder and I'll check it out.
It will give you a summary of errors if there are errors, but if not it won't print a summary. It only summarizes the errors.
I reinstalled the USB Loader GX v3.0 channel (with Wii Mod), rebooted, then uninstalled the USB Loader GX v3.0 channel with Win Mod. All was fine, must have been just some silly glitch. All is fine.

note: I really need a course in quotes!

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reinstalled the USB Loader GX v3.0 channel (with Win Mod), rebooted, then uninstalled the USB Loader GX v3.0 channel with Win Mod. All was fine, must have been just some silly glitch. All is fine.

note: I really need a course in quotes!

It's Wii Mod buddy

Reactions: 2 people

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, wanted to say this is a very nice addition and should hopefully clear off a few items off of my Homebrew apps menu. :) Good job!

However, I have noticed that moving with the arrow keys on my Wiimote, browsing is very sensitive. I have to lightly tap my Wiimote just in case I want to move down 1 spot to select categories or options. Sometimes tapping acts like scrolling for me, moving down 3-4 items quickly. It might be nit picking, but I would be afraid that if the controls are sensitive for other options, things could get messy.

jskyboo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, wanted to say this is a very nice addition and should hopefully clear off a few items off of my Homebrew apps menu. :) Good job!

However, I have noticed that moving with the arrow keys on my Wiimote, browsing is very sensitive. I have to lightly tap my Wiimote just in case I want to move down 1 spot to select categories or options. Sometimes tapping acts like scrolling for me, moving down 3-4 items quickly. It might be nit picking, but I would be afraid that if the controls are sensitive for other options, things could get messy.
I'm glad you like it. Yeah others have mentioned the arrows being a little too sensitive so in 3.2 I added an option to turn that off. To change the behavior edit the file wiimod.txt and set DisableControllerButtonHold=1, and after that you will have to press the arrow for each move. Although I have been thinking about adding a configuration so the user could modify the speed, if there is much interest in that.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

I'm glad you like it. Yeah others have mentioned the arrows being a little too sensitive so in 3.2 I added an option to turn that off. To change the behavior edit the file wiimod.txt and set DisableControllerButtonHold=1, and after that you will have to press the arrow for each move. Although I have been thinking about adding a configuration so the user could modify the speed, if there is much interest in that.
Why not just have a slight delay in them. I think this would work:
Code:
usleep(100000);
You might have to adjust the length a bit (that is a 0.1 second delay), but somewhere in there should work.

jskyboo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just have a slight delay in them. I think this would work:
Code:
usleep(100000);
You might have to adjust the length a bit (that is a 0.1 second delay), but somewhere in there should work.
In a nutshell it does do that if you take a look in controller.c it currently is
Code:
usleep(90000);
I havent decided if I want to add a speed control and if I do will it be free control over the number or a fast, med, slow kinda control. Also like I said that was the current timing in a nutshell, it really also has two other delays. One for when changing direction and another to give a bit of a hiccup when starting in a direction. And I haven't decided if I do add speed controls how those will factor into the controls.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have similar issue to massiverican.... I cant instal wads from usb, wiimod says mounting device, please wait ... ok, retrieving file list..... aaaaaaand it hangs... on every ios on every setting going.... :( MMM 13.4 works if I change my ios to 250 (d2x 250[57] v9 beta) I can install wads no problem....

jskyboo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have similar issue to massiverican.... I cant instal wads from usb, wiimod says mounting device, please wait ... ok, retrieving file list..... aaaaaaand it hangs... on every ios on every setting going.... :( MMM 13.4 works if I change my ios to 250 (d2x 250[57] v9 beta) I can install wads no problem....
Yep unfortunately atm usb is janky at best and only good for officially signed wads. I've made some progess on that for the next version but I'm currently busy moving and won't be able to finish the next version until after the move.

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep unfortunately atm usb is janky at best and only good for officially signed wads. I've made some progess on that for the next version but I'm currently busy moving and won't be able to finish the next version until after the move.
Yeah, I don't see the point in installing wads from a USB drive anyways, when you have an SD card...does anyone else not see the point?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I don't see the point in installing wads from a USB drive anyways, when you have an SD card...does anyone else not see the point?
1) Space
2) Some people prefer to only use USB

I use http://tinyurl.com/SendWad for all my wad installations, although it won't work for anything above 8MB.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Good luck with the move bud... but wait didn't you just move not too long ago?? :blink: you crazy roadie lol

Awesome, I'm glad to hear you might have made some improvement on the USB front :D
I only use an SD card because very few homebrew either require it for specific features or the compatibility isn't exactly 100% with my USB, and that's barely any.. Wii Mod might be the only one on that list that I really like to use atm lol. I'd prefer to be USB only if I could 'a la' what JoostinOnline stated above.

jskyboo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck with the move bud... but wait didn't you just move not too long ago?? :blink: you crazy roadie lol

Awesome, I'm glad to hear you might have made some improvement on the USB front :D
Nope, my computer broke on me not too long ago but I haven't moved anytime recently.
jskyboo is a gypsy. :D
I prefer traveler.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Uh cuz people use USB as well? I don't use SD card for anything on the wii, why would I pull out an sd card just to install a wad when I use USB for everything else?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: