Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FenrirWolf said:
sphere9 said:
sphere9 said:
This confuses me, if I update will it strip any vc games I have installed with the wad manager? Because I've been planning to get rid of all of those anyway.

Anyone?
Nope, they'll stay there. get rid of them with Wad Manager or something.

@nknave: They didn't skip IOS250, but their attempt at overwriting it should have failed since the installed cIOS has a higher version number than the stub Nintendo tried to replace it with.

Alright thanks.

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, what a burn. Fortunately (...?) I can't get a wi-fi signal in this area, so this won't affect me the next time I blow the dust off my Wii and play it. Still pretty awful for anyone who DOES, though.

How's this affect hacked Virtual Console channels?

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
FenrirWolf said:
sphere9 said:
sphere9 said:
This confuses me, if I update will it strip any vc games I have installed with the wad manager? Because I've been planning to get rid of all of those anyway.

Anyone?
Nope, they'll stay there. get rid of them with Wad Manager or something.

@nknave: They didn't skip IOS250, but their attempt at overwriting it should have failed since the installed cIOS has a higher version number than the stub Nintendo tried to replace it with.

I understand this 0xFFFF, and I'm aware that It's updated on a Previously SoftModded Wii, we should be able to reinstall few things.

My test was basicly aiming of what it would be like for a Virgin 4.2 rather than an modded accidently (not really) updated Wii.

Thanks BTW.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
King Of Chaos said:
For me it's more of a temp workaround until the Hackmii update is out. When that happens, I'll just install a clean system menu 4.2 to ensure everything's working fine.

It is a temp workaround at best. It is a semi-dirty hack, but it does indeed work. I would suggest keeping a bootmii nand backup of your working previous system (ie: v4.1) however, should you need to go back before the hex hack.

On a somewhat off topic:

Sometimes I post thinking that everyone is responsible and that they know what they are doing to an extent. But then I come to realize that this thread is being viewed by literally hundreds of people that do not know what they are doing at ALL. To make it clear:

I do NOT recommend using the system menu 4.2 hex hack. Does it work? Yes, it does. But it is extremely dangerous and there is a very good chance you will brick your system. If you don't care, do what you want. I obviously don't care about playing around with things, and it worked for me. Does not mean it will work for you. Best bet really is to wait for TT to release something fully tested and supported.

marcan_troll

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Monster Hunter said:
Lmao...I know what HBC is. Do you even know who made the HBC? IF your distributing HBC without there permission thats on you. If you read there license and you continue to distribute then thats all on you. Im talking about in general that modifying the Wii is not illegal, and you come out and say HBC is illegal when the HBC developers allow themselves to distribute it to the public. They are under the GPL license (General Public License). So if you want to get technical, theres your answer.

Dude, you really don't get it. I'm one of the HBC developers. Of course HBC is legal. No, it is not under a GPL license. If you want HBC, download it from the bootmii size (where the combined installer is hosted). Of course that's legal (well, modulo dodgy reverse engineering issues with libogc, but I won't get into that again). What's not legal is for someone other than us to distribute HBC. Distribute. Host, copy, put on their webserver, sell, whatever. If you want HBC, get it from the official site, period. You said it yourself: "IF your distributing HBC without there permission thats on you". That's my point. I'm one of them, you need to get permission from US.

In other news, I see the random "but will this remove my warez hax" posts are back. I'm going home. If anyone really cares enough to continue this conversation, they can open another thread and ping my email.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Monster Hunter
dude.. shut your pie hole. Marcan IS one of the developers you nitwit

Didn't you get that little clue when he said
QUOTE said:
It's copyrighted by us (that is, Team Twiizers)
rolleyes.gif

and dang it zektor.. you nija'd me
ninja.gif

oh crap.. so did Marcan. He replied faster than both of us
ph34r.gif

mdp_1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What are the chances of bricking the wii if bootmii failed to install?

Should I reinstall clean sm also when hackmii and bootmii will be released? seing as how i messed...

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
marcan_troll said:
Monster Hunter said:
Lmao...I know what HBC is. Do you even know who made the HBC? IF your distributing HBC without there permission thats on you. If you read there license and you continue to distribute then thats all on you. Im talking about in general that modifying the Wii is not illegal, and you come out and say HBC is illegal when the HBC developers allow themselves to distribute it to the public. They are under the GPL license (General Public License). So if you want to get technical, theres your answer.

Dude, you really don't get it. I'm one of the HBC developers. Of course HBC is legal. No, it is not under a GPL license. If you want HBC, download it from the bootmii size (where the combined installer is hosted). Of course that's legal (well, modulo dodgy reverse engineering issues with libogc, but I won't get into that again). What's not legal is for someone other than us to distribute HBC. Distribute. Host, copy, put on their webserver, sell, whatever. If you want HBC, get it from the official site, period. You said it yourself: "IF your distributing HBC without there permission thats on you". That's my point. I'm one of them, you need to get permission from US.

In other news, I see the random "but will this remove my warez hax" posts are back. I'm going home. If anyone really cares enough to continue this conversation, they can open another thread and ping my email.
burn!

peace out marcan, nice to hear from you.

i wonder if monster hunter will even post back.
Xiphiidae, apparently.

but after we can install HBC with this new hackmii installer, will we be able to install cIOS and get trucha back in? or are those things you guys dont really care about?

Monster Hunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
Monster Hunter said:
FenrirWolf said:
Monster Hunter said:
Lmao...I know what HBC is. Do you even know who made the HBC?

Umm, he's one of the guys who made it. XD

"The Homebrew Channel. It's copyrighted by us (that is, Team Twiizers)"

And exactly who do you think that team consists of?

Did you not see that i was agreeing?

Monster Hunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No i am gonna post back, sure i feel like an idiot, but i was fed with false information apparently. So it's whatever lol.

xzxero: That was def. not a burn, he was just explaining to me in a suprisingly honorable way. So stfu.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Monster Hunter said:
No i am gonna post back, sure i feel like an idiot, but i was fed with false information apparently. So it's whatever lol.
apologize, you tried arguing with a guru!

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
peace out marcan, nice to hear from you.

Agreed. This was actually the first time speaking to him, and it was actually a very useful and insightful conversation. He certainly knows his stuff, and gave me some pretty good knowledge on certain things. I have seen flaming going on regarding him in the past and just didn't understand why. I still don't. Seems like a nice guy to me.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
But in all seriousness I do agree that some of the mods people put out are pretty silly. I still don't see the appeal of having something like cioscorp turn your Wii into delicious Scrambled IOS just to load a burned game from the disc channel. >_>
I know I'm a few pages late and a dollar short, but I have to say that this is the single best description of cIOScorp I've ever seen. You definitely win several Internets for this.

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
zektor said:
On a somewhat off topic:

Sometimes I post thinking that everyone is responsible and that they know what they are doing to an extent. But then I come to realize that this thread is being viewed by literally hundreds of people that do not know what they are doing at ALL. To make it clear:

I do NOT recommend using the system menu 4.2 hex hack. Does it work? Yes, it does. But it is extremely dangerous and there is a very good chance you will brick your system. If you don't care, do what you want. I obviously don't care about playing around with things, and it worked for me. Does not mean it will work for you. Best bet really is to wait for TT to release something fully tested and supported.
Guilty as charged so yes please keep this in mind.

One thing I can say though, I definitely wait and read a lot before I make any changes. I'll let the other folks make all the mistakes first and then learn from them.
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1