Hacking Wii Menu 4.2 Released

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sebaash said:
s3phir0th115 said:
I think I have a theoretical safe update method. But it would require preloader working with IOS70, and System Menu 4.2. You'd also need a cIOS or trucha vulnerable IOS and wad manager.

1. Load homebrew channel.
2. Load an app to install a trucha patched IOS70. (Or have someone cioscorp patch it, then install. Cioscorp 3.5 anyone?)
3. Load wad manager and install System Menu 4.2 from nusd. Exit. (This should take you back to the homebrew channel, before the system menu can interfere.)
4. Load preloader, and install it again, making sure the anti-anti-homebrew patches are applied to prevent the menu from deleting everything.
5. Go on happily.

Just my 2 cents.
but i don't wanna lost bootmi u.u

You wouldn't lose it. In fact, updating as I described wouldn't even touch the boot2 if one were to do it. Only updating through Nintendo would do that.

QUOTE(lolorlofl @ Sep 29 2009, 12:35 PM)
(FROM BOOTMII WEBSITE)
What does "The installed boot1 version prevents a boot2 install (-2) mean? Are you going to fix it?

No, it can't be fixed. Installing as boot2 is the most useful way to install BootMii, but it requires that we exploit a particularly silly bug in a part of the system that can not be changed under any circumstances. Nintendo finally fixed this bug in new Wiis that were released sometime in 2008. We have looked for a suitable replacement for this exploit, but have not found one, and it does not seem likely that anyone ever will.

Obviously talking about the updated boot2's in LU64 Wii's and in this update. Doesn't look like there's going to be a boot2 fix for this update anytime soon.

I don't think you understand what they said.

Boot 1 is readonly, meaning Nintendo cannot change it with any update. They are exploiting the boot1 in order to get bootmii as boot2 to work. Now, Nintendo may overwrite bootmii, but that doesn't mean putting bootmii back on is impossible. They simply must find another IOS exploit.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kosaic said:
FenrirWolf said:
Kosaic said:
With 4.2 offering NOTHING in the way of functionality, why is everyone so horny to update to it ?

All seem crazy in my mind.

SLOW DOWN people.
I want to have a safe 4.2 update as a way of telling Nintendo to suck it.

lolorlofl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
s3phir0th115 said:
sebaash said:
s3phir0th115 said:
I think I have a theoretical safe update method. But it would require preloader working with IOS70, and System Menu 4.2. You'd also need a cIOS or trucha vulnerable IOS and wad manager.

1. Load homebrew channel.
2. Load an app to install a trucha patched IOS70. (Or have someone cioscorp patch it, then install. Cioscorp 3.5 anyone?)
3. Load wad manager and install System Menu 4.2 from nusd. Exit. (This should take you back to the homebrew channel, before the system menu can interfere.)
4. Load preloader, and install it again, making sure the anti-anti-homebrew patches are applied to prevent the menu from deleting everything.
5. Go on happily.

Just my 2 cents.
but i don't wanna lost bootmi u.u

You wouldn't lose it. In fact, updating as I described wouldn't even touch the boot2 if one were to do it. Only updating through Nintendo would do that.

QUOTE(lolorlofl @ Sep 29 2009, 12:35 PM)
(FROM BOOTMII WEBSITE)
What does "The installed boot1 version prevents a boot2 install (-2) mean? Are you going to fix it?

No, it can't be fixed. Installing as boot2 is the most useful way to install BootMii, but it requires that we exploit a particularly silly bug in a part of the system that can not be changed under any circumstances. Nintendo finally fixed this bug in new Wiis that were released sometime in 2008. We have looked for a suitable replacement for this exploit, but have not found one, and it does not seem likely that anyone ever will.

Obviously talking about the updated boot2's in LU64 Wii's and in this update. Doesn't look like there's going to be a boot2 fix for this update anytime soon.

I don't think you understand what they said.

Boot 1 is readonly, meaning Nintendo cannot change it with any update. They are exploiting the boot1 in order to get bootmii as boot2 to work. Now, Nintendo may overwrite bootmii, but that doesn't mean putting bootmii back on is impossible. They simply must find another IOS exploit.
Oh, OH, I get it. Nevermind then. Disregard what I said...

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
xzxero said:
OriginalHamster said:
Why there people claming that IOS61 (+trucha) update, is not recomendable?
because it messes with the shop channel for some people.
and theres no point to have trucha on IOS61
I see, if you have IOS61 (+trucha) you always can overwrite it with a (-trucha) right? with WiiSCU

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok I tested a basic wad install.

I installed all the updates wads for IOS's, installed the channel and then the system menu.

DVDx and Homebrew were deleted. Used the Hackmii installer and it was re-deleted every time on startup.

I am now doing a nand restore to go back.

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OriginalHamster said:
xzxero said:
OriginalHamster said:
Why there people claming that IOS61 (+trucha) update, is not recomendable?
because it messes with the shop channel for some people.
and theres no point to have trucha on IOS61
I see, if you have IOS61 (+trucha) you always can overwrite it with a (-trucha) right? with WiiSCU
of course, just use dop-ios and make sure you say no to the sig hash check [trucha]

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
illinialex24 said:
Ok I tested a basic wad install.

I installed all the updates wads for IOS's, installed the channel and then the system menu.

DVDx and Homebrew were deleted. Used the Hackmii installer and it was re-deleted every time on startup.

I am now doing a nand restore to go back.
ok so just to be sure, the system menu itself is the thing doing the deleting right?
you just installed the wad?

you think its the IOS's or system menu wad doing the deletions?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a question:

Does TBR still work?

Sorry if this was mentioned already, but its a 41 page thread, I'm not gonna read it all
wink.gif

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
I have a question:

Does TBR still work?

Sorry if this was mentioned already, but its a 41 page thread, I'm not gonna read it all
wink.gif
you cant downgrade IOS 15
which is step 1 of TBR!

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone been able to update to Preloader 0.30 successfully? I keep getting a "IOS(60) has fake sign bug" error.

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
illinialex24 said:
The system menu itself IS doing the deleting, every time upon startup. I have everything else installed and it is the system menu.
ouch, so i guess we have to wait for that tutorial on how to patch the SM wad with that preloader hack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Floridawoman is the only thing that can ruin Floridaman +1