Hacking Wii Menu 4.2 Released

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brett824 said:
Wow Marcan is a pretty huge douche.

Yeah. He has a reputation for that exact thing....

I don't understand why he thinks it's wrong to modify software on the Wii and install it. I'm well aware of the risks, and it's sure as hell faster than waiting for their installer to be made for it.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:
brett824 said:

I don't understand why he thinks it's wrong to modify software on the Wii and install it. I'm well aware of the risks, and it's sure as hell faster than waiting for their installer to be made for it.
This. I mean how can people learn if they don't poke around with stuff? I'm happy that TT will provide "official" solutions but it's fun to see the underdog do his own work every now and then.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yyhhggtt said:
FenrirWolf said:
Yyhhggtt said:
Wii Menu 3.2 is Windows 98.

Wii Menu 4.0/4.1 is Windows XP.

Wii Menu 4.2 is Vista which sucks.

I can only hope they'll somehow manage to push something as awesome as Windows 7 in the future.
ye.

Wow these boards are dying...

Not much more to talk about
smile.gif

We've analyzed the update, we know what it does, and we know how to get around it. It's pretty much beaten down until something new emerges (like new Hackmii installer, possible new bannerbomb method, maybe an easy mainstream firmware updater release...etc)

borissaid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the hex editing method to get to 4.2 and HBC, CIOS works fine. The only thing that doesn't are installed channels on the SD menu. I can delete them, reinstall the wad to the sysmenu and then move them back and forth and everything is fine. Is there a way to enable my already installed ones to work or must I reinstall and move them all?

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
s3phir0th115 said:
brett824 said:

This. I mean how can people learn if they don't poke around with stuff? I'm happy that TT will provide "official" solutions but it's fun to see the underdog do his own work every now and then.

Yeah. And what's funny is that they've made things to modify IOS's as well.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Xyzzy

Perfect example right there. It downloads, and patches an IOS to obtain the keys.

Bootmii can install as an IOS....

What makes their applications so "pure" and "official" yet everyone else's is "dangerous", "stupid" or "retarded"? I mean it's one thing to say you don't advise such modifications, but it's completely uncalled for to insult people for using or creating them. It is counterproductive and is not needed in our community.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
borissaid said:
I used the hex editing method to get to 4.2 and HBC, CIOS works fine. The only thing that doesn't are installed channels on the SD menu. I can delete them, reinstall the wad to the sysmenu and then move them back and forth and everything is fine. Is there a way to enable my already installed ones to work or must I reinstall and move them all?

Those you may just have to reinstall.

mdp_1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Crap...CRAP ... OVER 9000 CRAP!

Well I did the Hex thing.
Worked like a charm! 4.2U...Backups works...VC/WiiWare work...only one tiny little problem...
HBC disapeared T-T
...The Hell can I do now?
And when I tried using BootMii...I couldn't...

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
borissaid said:

Did you install a trucha patched IOS70? I did and was able to use all of my channels fine. (Granted I don't have any with the SD menu, but trucha patching it should enable any of those too.)

T-Rex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
mdp_1992 said:
zektor said:
The hex editing method is perfect
smile.gif
No worries about the HBC dissapearing now
smile.gif
I am now on a fully 100% functional v4.2U. Good stuff. To recap:

1. DOP-IOSv8. Install IOS56, IOS57, and IOS70 (IOS70 with Trucha)
2. Run wad manager and install hex modified system menu v4.2
3. Enjoy!

Just need a new startpatch now....as I am not such a big preloader fan
smile.gif

Why would we need startpatch?

Because the StartPatch is more easiest, more practical and the patchs are reversible, then Startpatch is better!!

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:
What makes their applications so "pure" and "official" yet everyone else's is "dangerous", "stupid" or "retarded"? I mean it's one thing to say you don't advise such modifications, but it's completely uncalled for to insult people for using or creating them. It is counterproductive and is not needed in our community.

I think the whole thing has to do with the fact that their software simply "adds" to the Wii, but does not modify the original content. AFAIK, even bootmii installed as boot2 does not overwrite the original Nintendo boot2, but simply "coexists" with it.

Regardless, I understand what you are saying. I may not be as technically savvy as Bushing or other TT members, but I am not a "retard" either. I (and a few others) have worked on getting v4.2U to work correctly with the HBC and everything else we use, and were ultimately successful. Yes, we do modify the system menu code, but only simply to remove what Nintendo shouldn't have put in there in the first place
smile.gif
I may not know as much as some others, but one thing I *do* know is how NOT to screw it up.

borissaid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I used a trucha patched IOS70 (dop ios v8). And it only happens from the SD menu. This is reminiscent of the 4.0 problem before that cios60bf wad surfaced.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Unless you modify your system, of course, and remove the region check.