Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No !
having the .wad file on SD card is NOT enough!

You have to use a WAD manager (YAWMM for example, the one I linked to you) to EXTRACT (install) the .wad's content and copy the content into your console's memory.
that internal data located ON YOUR CONSOLE (not the SD) will be represented as a channel installed on your system menu.

once installed INTO your console (and not just copied on your SD), then the wad file on your SD card is not needed or used anymore. you can delete the wad and the wad manager AFTER you successfully installed it as a channel on your home menu.

the wad file is like a zip on computer, but a zip for the wii or vWii.
that wad file contains multiple files insides and information where to install it into the console (the channel's banner, the channel's name, the channel's executable, etc.)

launch YAWMM, select the wad located in your wad folder and choose "install" to .. well .. install it.

If you have " USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT.wad" on your SD card ....
That's WRONG !!!

you are in the WiiU section of the forum, so I suppose you are using a WiiU, so you want the "vWii" version ! TotalInsanity also supposed you were using vWii, as he asked me if there were a compatible vWii version to help you.
if you install the Wii version on vWii ... no wonder it just return to the menu and doesn't work.

Last edited by Cyan,

flash_drive

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not have a Wii U. I have a Wii. I said this in my original post "I have Homebrew installed on my Wii (ver 4.3U)."

So which files do I need for my "Wii" ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last edited by Cyan,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
How do install these things as full channels? Be cool to have them on the main menu where I can just click on them. I've seen videos where people have even the USBLoader and different console games on the Wii menu.
I don't suggest doing that.
It's much better to put homebrew on the USB HDD. The forwarder channel will find the homebrew on USB and load it from there.

Reactions: flash_drive

flash_drive

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't suggest doing that.
It's much better to put homebrew on the USB HDD. The forwarder channel will find the homebrew on USB and load it from there.

Yeah, until I can find a better way to do this I'll just leave things as they are. At least I can use the HD and install my games on it from the Wii. That's good enough for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c