Hacking Wii hacking issues (WiiMod, signature check failed)

NekoKat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well certain files you would wanna install will end up giving you an an error unless you have certain permission witch is we're loading iOS 236 comes in or any other iOS such as 250 or 249 witch are critical for loading games such as me telling my cod blacks ops to run on ios 250. Or how iOS 222,223 (one of them) allows you to use USB 2.0
Ohh, I see. Then I think after installing IOS 58 and then batch installing the rest (and backing everything up with bootmii and priiloader) I should run the IOS 236 Installer so I don't encounter that kinda trouble (CoD infinite loading screen, Metroid Prime Trilogy rebooting the console, etc). Thanks!

LATE EDIT: Oh, I noticed it did another wad too but, I just noticed, did it out in the "root" (COPY_TO_SD) folder instead of the usual WAD foldier.

"IOS36-64-v3351.wad", what's this IOS for? The same as 236? Although I assume it's to leave in the root, since it's there and not inside the WAD folder...

Reactions: BlackWizzard17

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You don't really need to install IOS236 if you already have a cIOS installed.
It won't hurt anything either though.

IOS236 is basically a patched IOS36, that's why you have the IOS36 wad file.
In the old days, people would install a patched IOS36 in the IOS36 slot, but these days it is installed in slot 236 to leave the original IOS36 in tact.

NekoKat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Interesting, I'm glad to have that cleared out! so, no bricking possibilities by just installing IOS236, right? Still gonna backup and Priiloader, heh.

What is/was normal intact IOS36 supposed to do, by the way? o:

EDIT: Oh, by the way, last question! And thank you guys for the assistance. ;_; The System Menu 4.3U WAD, do I install it as part of the batch, or am I better off installing it after IOS58 and the other IOS and cIOS?

EDIT2: Eeeh, in the end, I might just not update the System Menu to 4.3U. Mine is still 4.2U in my modded Wii and it works just good that way, so my friend's should too.

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting, I'm glad to have that cleared out! so, no bricking possibilities by just installing IOS236, right? Still gonna backup and Priiloader, heh.

What is/was normal intact IOS36 supposed to do, by the way? o:

EDIT: Oh, by the way, last question! And thank you guys for the assistance. ;_; The System Menu 4.3U WAD, do I install it as part of the batch, or am I better off installing it after IOS58 and the other IOS and cIOS?

EDIT2: Eeeh, in the end, I might just not update the System Menu to 4.3U. Mine is still 4.2U in my modded Wii and it works just good that way, so my friend's should too.

I wouldn't. There are zero benefits to go from 4.2 to 4.3 (the update was piracy prevention only).

NekoKat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks, yesterday in the afternoon I moded the console, I want to thank you ALL who helped me through it! Black Wizzard especially for being so kind to guide me through the ModMii use!

I haven't loaded any backup from a test USB yet, but everything seems to be running perfectly, HBC is up-to-date and running in IOS58 at long last!

And d.d.d., thanks for the reply! Figured that there wouldn't be any real benefit, so I didn't update, but I was curious nonetheles if there was anything "special" about 4.3. Thanks for replying! =)

Thanks, everyone!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :wtf: +1