Hacking Wii hacking issues (WiiMod, signature check failed)

NekoKat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello everyone! I'm having a problem hacking this Wii of my friend. :( I've never encountered this, I used a Samsung 2GB SD and a 8GB SDHC to check, but both cards give me the exact same error...

The Wii is firmware 4.2U, and already had Homebrew Channel installed via Bannerbomb. The main problem here is that when I open WiiMod, and try to install the .WADs (following mauifrog's amazing guide), it can't be installed. Just the "regular" wads, not the IOS Update nor RVL-shopping update.

What should I do? I'll attach the error screen to this post, as well the SDs used.

This Wii's disc laser reader busted recently, which is why I'm hacking it (but the previous Wiis I hacked, mine and another friend's, didn't had a busted reader, and in fact I hacked them to avoid using the reader as much as possible, but that shouldn't BE an issue... right?).

Also, before this happened, I made sure to Verify Sums every time.

Attachments

• errorscreen.jpeg
    errorscreen.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 699
  • SDs.jpeg
    SDs.jpeg
    36.3 KB · Views: 514

NekoKat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hm, that's safe right? :o No bricking with that, right?

Also, after reading something last night, I believe when my friend installed Homebrew Channel long time ago, he only installed... well, the Channel itself, but didn't install neither IOS 58 nor IOS 61, could it be that is causing his problem too?

EDIT: Okay! I did a System Checkup! Here it is:

sysCheck v2.1.0b19 by Double_A and R2-D2199, Nano
...runs on IOS36 (rev 3351).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.2U (v481)

Could not detect the drive date!
Homebrew Channel 1.0.1 running on IOS61
HomebrewFilter ist nicht installiert
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 67XXXXXX
Boot2 v4
Found 61 titles.
Found 36 IOS on this console. 11 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 778): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 269): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 273): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 520): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 523): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 775): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 782): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1037): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1550): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3349): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3091): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3348): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3349): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3351): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 3869): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 3867): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5406): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5406): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5405): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5661): No Patches
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5405): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6687): No Patches
IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS249[38] (rev 14): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10

Report generated on 2013/10/18.

Leo Alves

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Maybe update your Homebrew Channel too?

1.0.1 is... very old :blink:

latest version for the normal wii is 1.1.0
but i think you'll need to install ios 58 first, i am not sure

NekoKat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yeah, you should try installing a 236. Use simple IOS patcher. It comes with the Modmii program, but you can find it on it's own too.

Alrighty! When I get to install 236, should I install IOS 58 and 61 while I'm at it? EDIT: Welp, I dun goofed, you meant IOS 36 with base 236, right?

Maybe update your Homebrew Channel too? Also, IOS 236 with what base?

1.0.1 is... very old :blink:

latest version for the normal wii is 1.1.0
but i think you'll need to install ios 58 first, i am not sure

Again, the Wii's not mine, but a friend's. D: How can I update Homebrew Channel? It gets online but doesn't ask me to update nor anything. Should I retry to (re)install Hackmii from scratch?

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, the Wii's not mine, but a friend's. D: How can I update Homebrew Channel? It gets online but doesnt ask me to update nor anything. Should I retry to instal Hackmii from scratch?
Rehack your wii with mod mii to update to 4.3u and install the Cios needed. Your homebrew channel should tell you to date, my homebrew channel brought me to the hack mii installer.

Also use multi mod manager to install wads as you can select different iOS to load from because not all wads install the same way.

NekoKat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Rehack your wii with mod mii to update to 4.3u and install the Cios needed. Your homebrew channel should tell you to date, my homebrew channel brought me to the hack mii installer.

Also use multi mod manager to install wads as you can select different iOS to load from because not all wads install the same way.

I'm reading the ModMii site but so far I'm... not nderstanding anything at all, really. >_< Do I use sysCheck Updater? Or the ModMii Wizard Usage?

And it'll sound weird, but while the HBC does connect to the net, it doesn't pop up the "New update" message like... say, the emulators would do.

I apologize for not grasping this well. D:

BlackWizzard17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm reading the ModMii site but so far I'm... not nderstanding anything at all, really. >_< Do I use sysCheck Updater? Or the ModMii Wizard Usage?

And it'll sound weird, but while the HBC does connect to the net, it doesn't pop up the "New update" message like... say, the emulators would do.

I apologize for not grasping this well. D:

It's okay just take a deep breath, Now download this

http://modmii.googlecode.com/files/ModMii Installer.exe

Just install it and tell me when you are done.

NekoKat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Alright, thanks, it's installed and opened. I'm at the "Choose an activity" screen. It gives me options such as "ModMii Wizard + Guide", "Abstinence Wizard + Guide", among other things.

BlackWizzard17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure thing!
Ugh yeah sorry Im so late, real late but incase you didn't get to do it click start here to mod your wii
Your gonna wanna make sure you check if you already have a mod wii
Your gonna tell it your system menus
Than your gonna tell it your desired system menu select 4.3u
Than your gonna click select recommended cios. It's gonna down all the files onto your c/mod mii/COPY_TO SD/ on your hard drive.
Not put every thing as it is on to your 2gig sd card and install the system menu with the app that has wario on it, than install the cios with multi mod manager.

NekoKat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey, don't worry. =) I'm not in a hurry, and I turly appreciate any help!
OK so... selected the following:
"Start here to mod your Wii"
"Would you like to rehack your Wii?" (I selected Yes, cuz it has Homebrew Channel already and trucha'd 249 and 250)
"Current system" Yup, selected 4.2U
Skipped shop, weather and etc. (don't need those... right?)
Didnt set up a USB-Loader, cuz I'm gonna get in his SD USB Loader GX (or what would you recommend?)
And, of course, selected I wish System Menu to update to 4.3U

Right now everything's downloading, and afterwards I'll go sleep cuz I wake up early tomorrow. Thank you, BlackWizzard17 for the help! Hopefully this week I'll see my friend and do all this stuff.

But I should mention, NO icon here has Wario in it, so I'll post you the name of the apps that got DL'd with ModMii:

HackMii_Installer
IOS236-v5-Mod
mmm (Multi Mod Manager)
Priiloader
SIP (Simple IOS Patcher)

Which is the one I should run? Which should have Wario? Or do I just install all wads with Multi Mod Manager?

While I'm at it... how do I update the HBC? :wtf: I find nothing other than it should notify me on it's own...

Thank you!

BlackWizzard17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't install the wads yet, wait until you instslled the 4.3 update or just install ios58.
If you don't have iOS 58 than that's why your homebrew channel won't update.
Forget a bout the app I was talking about with wario on it and use usbloadergx as your game loader.
After you got ios 58 (just find the wad)and then install the rest of the cios.
You also want to install priiloader as it can help when your wii is BRICKED

NekoKat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Don't install the wads yet, wait until you instslled the 4.3 update or just install ios58.
If you don't have iOS 58 than that's why your homebrew channel won't update.
Forget a bout the app I was talking about with wario on it and use usbloadergx as your game loader.
After you got ios 58 (just find the wad)and then install the rest of the cios.
You also want to install priiloader as it can help when your wii is BRICKED
Wait, sorry, I got kinda lost here... Do I use MMM to install "IOS58-64-v6176.wad" before I install everything else? (I'm merely assuming assuming that was stands for ios 58 with a 64 base). And do I run IOS 236 after installing IOS 58 and batch installing the rest or before that? Again, I'm very sorry I'm getting lost here...

If you're finding the ModMii route a bit frustrating, MauiFrog's mod guide is excellent.
I actually followed the guide, but I got those "signature check failed". I never encountered this error before. I think the whole mix up here was because my friend already had installed HBC (and just that) in his Wii at some point in the past while other Wiis I modded (mine included) were completely virgins.

BlackWizzard17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes use MMM to install iOS 58 than do a batch install to install the rest of the wads.
After return to the homebrew channel and see if somewere it indicates you to update if not your gonna have to run hack mii installer and see if you can update from there.

NekoKat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Alrighty, I think I got it now! Welp, hopefully sunday or tomorrow I'll get to see my friend and finish that up and celebrate. By the way, is the IOS 236 critical or very important in any way? What does it do?

Thanks for all this help, BlackWizzard!

BlackWizzard17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alrighty, I think I got it now! Welp, hopefully sunday or tomorrow I'll get to see my friend and finish that up and celebrate. By the way, is the IOS 236 critical or very important in any way? What does it do?

Thanks for all this help, BlackWizzard!
Well certain files you would wanna install will end up giving you an an error unless you have certain permission witch is we're loading iOS 236 comes in or any other iOS such as 250 or 249 witch are critical for loading games such as me telling my cod blacks ops to run on ios 250. Or how iOS 222,223 (one of them) allows you to use USB 2.0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1