Hellfenix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know if this has been discussed before but I was wondering if there is currently a way to access the data files on a wii disc to, let's say, rip the music/movies out of it. My guess is that it might be possible by probing what is read by the Wii during runtime and finding out how to unencrypt the data?

reecarno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering about this too. The Gamecube iso/gcn can be opened with Icarus/paradox GC-tool to display the file structure; ultimately what’s needed is a “Wii-Tool” sadly as pointed out above this is yet to be done. What I don’t understand is by what processes are we able to 1) remove/block any firmware 2) change the region given that we can’t explore the wii/iso file in the first place?

I’m obviously missing something here but I thought the only way to alter a single file such as an iso/wii/gcn would be to unscramble it to its raw structure add/remove what ever then recode to the desired format. If this is so then doesn’t a tool already exist in one form or another that has the ability to do this? Essentially what I would like to know is how wiibrickblocker, regionfrii, and unscrambler manage to interact with the iso/wii file if, as you say, we can’t?

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure about regieonfrii, but I believe brick blocker scans the .iso for the update portion at the start. if this if found, brickblocker removes the section of the .iso containing the update, & replaces it with a "blank" updater section....

I think,....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.notebookcheck.net/GameMT-E6-Plus-New-retro-gaming-handheld-released-as-ASUS-ROG-Ally-...