Gaming ****Wii Firmware 3.0U****

FoxMcClaud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The question was asked 2 Times, but none answered them:

Did anyone with a Wiinja Deluxe update successfully???

I got a Pal Console with 2.2E with the wiinja.

I will update as soon as anyone confirmed its ok!

Cheers

Why don't you just confirm it yourself?

Hehe, like anyone who asked, to scared, as only WIIKey and Cyclo and WiiFree is confirmed.

Anyway, i think about waiting a bit, before updating, cause of the whole rumblings about "Modchip Raids" and "Live Ban"

Kasoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
Channels:
-Digital Clock added to the Wii Menu right under the channel bar
-Forecast Channel now displays the current condition (cloudy, raining, etc.) directly in the Wii Menu in the Forecast Channel box
-News Channel can now show 2 scrolling headlines at a time in the Wii Menu, 3 when you click on the button
-Message Board now has the “Today’s Accomplishments” message as a white message which allows it to stand out from other messages
-Address Book entries can now be shifted around using A+B but only to empty spaces. Not too convenient.
-Calendar in Message Board no longer shows “Today’s Accomplishment” only days as having messages
-Scrolling messages in the Message Board now uses a different sound

Wii Shop Channel Overhauled (Visual aesthetic is the same, changes made to organization and browsing methods mostly)
-New Welcome screen detailing 4 Recommended Titles and the points they cost (gone is the title screen bar that had linkable games). The title bar can be clicked on to bring up a list of 20 recommended games.
-Titles You’ve Downloaded was moved to the main shop menu
-New ways to browse
-Popular Titles (2 pages of 10 and includes launch games so not only based on recent info)
-Newest Additions remains the same
-Search for a title which can use partial names
-Search by Category
-System shows the different systems and how many titles have been released under each
-Publisher showing different publishers and amount of titles released
-Genre (different genres listed and amount of titles under each)

Settings
-Warning added pre-system update detailing that technically modified consoles may cease to function upon being updated. Also the only way to not accept an update is to power down the console by holding the button for 4 seconds (the user can’t back out of hitting I Accept w/o powering down)

Settings
-Warning added pre-system update detailing that technically modified consoles may cease to function upon being updated. Also the only way to not accept an update is to power down the console by holding the button for 4 seconds (the user can’t back out of hitting I Accept w/o powering down)

So stop being paranoid and update the damn thing
smile.gif

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats all the fuss about? Would it matter if you got banned from wifi on the wii? It's a really poor service, It's just like playing the cpu anyways!

Cease to function means it could potentially brick the whole console. Meaning no usage, online or off. Of course, this is "potentially"... More than likely it would just cause goofy things like doubling your channels, as was already noted elsewhere.

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
NTSC US Wii, Wiinja V2. updated to V3. and all runs fine no problems. backups and weather, shop etc

Now should i bother to run the update again.. as some have done and get this technical mod ur console might die blah blah message. does it add anything extra?

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Maybe i could update too. (pal wii with wiinjav1) I hope that they can't kill online playing with this. But if they can... it doesn't really matter, because it sucks anyway.

EDIT: Everything works like before, so Wiinja v1 confirmed working. (suprise suprise..)
I think it's just a warning of what firmware updates could do in the future, because it shows the warning everytime if you search new updates.

KennethNL

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is me being scared, right here. If anyone can confirm the following:

I have a PAL European Nintendo Wii with the Wiikey modchip. My current firmware is 2.2E. Can I safely instal the new 3.0U/E firmware without my Wii bricking?

I haven't really been playing the Wii for quite some time now, so if you guys think it's better to wait a while, then that's no problem either. Just to be save.

Thanks!

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I haven't updated yet and I probably won't until there is more info about what 's going to happen in the future.

Firstly I'm not bothered with going online. I don't use the news/weather/shop thing and I tried playing Mario Strikers online but didn't get very excited about it.

The only concern I have is this: people are saying "well I'll stop updating the system and use the Brickblocker from now on."
Well, I may sound suspicious but I guess eventually we HAVE to update the system sooner or later because I can imagine Nintendo are making future games unplayable if you don't update your system first. To me this sounds VERY plausible.
Off course it could be that special patchers make your game playable again, but I forsee some trouble in the near future.

Again, this is just a guess. But it does make want to stay on the safe side and wait with updating my Wii.

FoxMcClaud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just to help the ones, who dont want to crawl trough 8 Pages:
Confirmed working:
WIIKEY
Cyclo
WIIFree
WIINJA Deluxe and V2.

seank

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just updated my PAL DMS Wii with Openwii 2.2b, and now NO discs are working - not even retail ones. The console was previously working fine before the update.

apignarb

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nederlaget.no
XP
Country
Norway
I'd say the most plausible scenario is that the update warning about modded consoles is the new standard message that appears when you try to update/run a update, meaning that it will pop up for each update from here on. (Hence the reason why it only appears AFTER the 3.0 update has been installed.)

This is probably just a safeguard so that they don't have to have a million kiddies cry to them after bricking their wii's after running a different-region update from disks, which happened on the super paper mario update and so on.

I'm curious about the modchip update disks not working though, if the wiikey team gets their fingers out of their asses soon, I'd atleast wait to update before you've run the wiikey update that's coming up eventually. (Since people have allready confirmed testing out the beta).

ALSO. If all else fails, you can always reset your console back to factory settings. Wouldn't that remove updates too? Or is it flashed onto the thingie? If that's the case, this update better fix my Wii, my channels are all f'ed up after a crap ntsc update on my pal wii. Heh.

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe i could update too. (pal wii with wiinjav1) I hope that they can't kill online playing with this. But if they can... it doesn't really matter, because it sucks anyway.

EDIT: Everything works like before, so Wiinja v1 confirmed working. (suprise suprise..)
I think it's just a warning of what firmware updates could do in the future, because it shows the warning everytime if you search new updates.

did u do both updates, and are at 3.3u?

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

did u do both updates, and are at 3.3u?

I'm on 3.0E now. It didn't found newer firmware. (3.3E in this case)

FoxMcClaud
I think there is no 3.3u update yet!!!!
Actually I think so too.

TonyCool

Trophies
Website
www.ndsspain.com
XP
Country
Confirmed, updated to 3.0E and working on a PAL Wii with WiiKey installed, re4wii working fine.
Just in case, this is the warning (in spanish) you get when you want to update)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :wub: