Wii emulators (Genesis Plus GX, Snes9X etc..) don't recognize ExHDD on Wii U.

Nomado

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
Formatted to FAT32, MBR file system. USB Loader GX and Nintendont works fine. But emulators can't recognize HDD. I would like to load roms off of HDD. Anyone have a solution?

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Formatted to FAT32, MBR file system. USB Loader GX and Nintendont works fine. But emulators can't recognize HDD. I would like to load roms off of HDD. Anyone have a solution?
Are you loading the emulators from your Wii U menu using a forwarder? If that is the case, then loading the programs that way disables vWii from seeing any USB device. Its one of the tradeoffs you take when using it in that process. I have no idea what voo-doo that USB loader GX is doing to make that work, but it works and I don't ask questions. I have a large SD card in my Wii U and load things from there.

Nomado

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
Are you loading the emulators from your Wii U menu using a forwarder? If that is the case, then loading the programs that way disables vWii from seeing any USB device. Its one of the tradeoffs you take when using it in that process. I have no idea what voo-doo that USB loader GX is doing to make that work, but it works and I don't ask questions. I have a large SD card in my Wii U and load things from there.
I am going into vWii HBC using forwarder and then loading the emulators from there. I tried loading vWii first though. But Genesis Plus GX for example gives and error "Unable to open the directory". I changed settings to load from USB in the emulator.

Nomado

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
I have found the issue. With 2 HDD plugged into Wii U(One for Wii U and one for vWii), Wii emulators are not able to see vWii HDD with ROMS. If I unplug Wii U HDD, emulators can see HDD and load roms without issue.
Anyone have solutions?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya