Status
Not open for further replies.

superman101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey im new to this dumping thing. I have the software installed, but i dont know how to burn it or what to look for. What do i need to do to the iso file to burn it. There is a bunch of other software dealing w/ the iso's and i dont know what to do with them. Ok thx.

EDIT: Nvr mind i just relized i was looking in the wrong places

REALDEAL

Trophies
XP
Country
how do u exit wiidumper as keep having to turn the power off as once dump has finished it just freezes...presswed all the buttons on the remote nothing.......

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
REALDEAL said:
how do u exit wiidumper as keep having to turn the power off as once dump has finished it just freezes...presswed all the buttons on the remote nothing.......
the reset is in the web browser. so dont close it. its the second link

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not dumb. Highlight all the .rar files and right click, then click either extract here or extract files...

The latter allows you to join them and put the joint file somewhere else and the extract here just puts it in the current folder.

If the files aren't .rar, use HJ split, and click join.

Niborz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Phratt said:
Its not dumb. Highlight all the .rar files and right click, then click either extract here or extract files...

The latter allows you to join them and put the joint file somewhere else and the extract here just puts it in the current folder.

OK thank you, and yes the files aren't rar.
They're .iso so i just use HJ split to join em...

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Niborz said:
Phratt said:

OK thank you, and yes the files aren't rar.
They're .iso so i just use HJ split to join em...

Also, if HJ split doesn't work. Then compress them all into a rar file then extract it or something...

Niborz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Both ways dont wrk so any other way....I saw that in ealier post u can do that command propmt but it when i try it says the system could not find the specified file..
Any ideas plz??

EDIT: Tried many times and same thing.....

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Open up cmd, then point it to the directory that all the parts are in (I hope you all know how to do that). Then type this (without quotes): "copy /b part1.iso+part2.iso+part3.iso fullgame.iso". Change the file names to the names that correspond with the real files. This should join the files and create a joined version in the same folder.

FireFreek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT:NVM, that flashdrive was defective. But I need the ideal part size for a 2GB SD card. What should the file size be for it to have 3 parts?

brian_n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, just wondering ..
While i was trying to back up Zelda Twilight Princess, it just suddenly stop backs up when it reaches 386mb(8%).
Reason why i could list percentage and size is because, i had 4 attempt at it, and all 4 stopped exactly at the same point, any idea?
Would be helpful if someone is able to answer and give me a solution
smile.gif

jaynecobb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi all. glad to find another resource for my wii homebrew fix!

i successfully dumped zelda via wifi to my laptop using firefox 3.0.

i tried to do house of the dead 2/3 and smash bros to no avail.

both games crapped out at 2.5-3gb's downloaded.

my Q is in regards to my isp. am i downloading this over the internet or my own personal network?

my setup is my wii and laptop are no more than 6 feet from each other, but my router is on the 2nd floor about 10-12 feet straight away.

my wii has been slightly moved from it's original zelda dump position, but i have had no problems updating the HBC browser over the net with it.

what would be a best guess as to what is flopping here? isp capping service, poor signal on network (laptop shows connected at 54.0 Mbps - excellent connection rating).

thanks in advance to all that reply!!!

new-but-learning

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been trying to transfer the file to my PC and it only achieves around 100K.

I tried disconnecting my router from the internet so that there was nothing else competing for the router bandwidth and when I try to start the transfer to the PC the Wii says it can not find the INTERNET.

Why does the Wii need to communicate with the Internet to transfer a file to a PC?

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
new-but-learning said:
I have been trying to transfer the file to my PC and it only achieves around 100K.

I tried disconnecting my router from the internet so that there was nothing else competing for the router bandwidth and when I try to start the transfer to the PC the Wii says it can not find the INTERNET.

Why does the Wii need to communicate with the Internet to transfer a file to a PC?

So it can dump the game disc image on to your computer.
Then you can burn your backup to a DVD.
Bam!

Edit: Oh yea computerboy is right Firefox dumps mine at 350-400kb's about 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

new-but-learning

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I am using Firefox not IE.

I still do not understand why the Wii has to communicate with the internet. If I am backing up a game from a Wii to a PC through a router then surely it is not being sent from the Wii to somewhere over the internet and then back again to my PC.

BossOfTheGame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I'm trying to make a backup of my ntsc brawl disk. I don't have access to a wireless network where I am, so I need to do it via USB. I have a Mirco 8GB Cruiser, with nothing on it and under the FAT32 filesystem. I start dumping the disk and it seems fine, and then it says error can't write data to the device. When I pop it in my computer i have a 0k brawl iso file. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol