Hacking Wii does not find 4.3U update?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,959
  • Replies 6
D

Deleted User

OP
Hello, everyone. First: this be in the wrong section. Please do move it if so.

Second: I have been hacking Wii's for quite some time, installing USB loaders and the likes. Currently, I am hacking a console for a relative. They had already had it hacked, with Priiloader and cIOS. However, they were on 4.1U. I have tried updating it, alas, to no avail (System Update not found). I have read that I should use DOP-Mii, although I have currently decided against it, seeing the large red-on-white warning at the top of the WiiBrew page. I am wondering if there is any way to update to 4.3U, it does not matter if I lose hacks as I can reinstall them. If I need to supply information, just ask. Thank you in advance.

My SysCheck is attached in a ZIP file, if that may be useful. If it must be supplied in a different format, again, just ask.

Attachments

• sysCheck.zip
    697 bytes · Views: 145
Last edited by ,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can use modmii (PC apps) to download required files on your computer. Then, copy everything on SD and by following the guide modmii generated based on your choices, you will update the Wii.

Maybe you mixed Modmii with DopMii ?
DopMii is more dangerous as it allows title manipulation directly from the console, There should be checks to prevent installing the wrong system menu or if the required IOS is missing, but it's not recommended to use it if you don't know what you are doing.
Modmii on the contrary will get all the needed files in WAD format, and then you use a Wad manager to update everything at the same time. there are still a risk if a wad is bad, or if you stop installation half way, but it shouldn't happen.

D

Deleted User

OP
You can use modmii (PC apps) to download required files on your computer. Then, copy everything on SD and by following the guide modmii generated based on your choices, you will update the Wii.

Maybe you mixed Modmii with DopMii ?
DopMii is more dangerous as it allows title manipulation directly from the console, There should be checks to prevent installing the wrong system menu or if the required IOS is missing, but it's not recommended to use it if you don't know what you are doing.
Modmii on the contrary will get all the needed files in WAD format, and then you use a Wad manager to update everything at the same time. there are still a risk if a wad is bad, or if you stop installation half way, but it shouldn't happen.

Oh! I did not know that ModMii can perform a manual system update. I just recently (a while before creating this thread) installed ModMii to download and install the "stock" IOS WAD files. I'll try using ModMii when I get around to it, thank you!

EDIT: Ok, well, I'm actually a little confused. Am I supposed to do the sysCheck Updater? Or something else? The sysCheck Updater guide says to Priiloader, and I'm not really sure that I want to do that, will I be able to convert the Wii to stock when I'm finished?

EDIT2: I have attached the guide I have followed.

EDIT3: The guide did not actually update my Wii, I believe I followed the wrong guide?

Attachments

• Guide.zip
    12.7 KB · Views: 171
Last edited by ,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's usually the guide "I want to (re)softmod my Wii"
You tell that you already have 4.x and HBC and you want 4.3 etc.

before answering the questions, you can go to the options and disable the USBLoader channel forwarder (pretty sure you won't use it as it's a generic one).

D

Deleted User

OP
It's usually the guide "I want to (re)softmod my Wii"
You tell that you already have 4.x and HBC and you want 4.3 etc.

before answering the questions, you can go to the options and disable the USBLoader channel forwarder (pretty sure you won't use it as it's a generic one).

Ok, thank you! Just to be sure, will this erase all modification by the previous guide I followed? Or will I have to remove some things myself?

EDIT: Nevermind, the Wii works, and that's all that matters! Thank you for all your help.

Last edited by ,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It overwrites the files you already had, it keeps the one not overwritten.
modmii will let you reinstall all common slots that the Wii could use, so if you have slots not overwritten you don't have to worry and you can keep the data. It will not conflict as the wii use only ONE slot at a time.
it might be hard to follow if you don't know how the console is working, but don't worry. Like you said, it's working so it's good.

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Or, he might have set it to block system updates from the Priiloader.. By "he" I mean the one who hacked the console..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E