Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
That looks a little out of my league. Wish I could do it though, because that would be perfect! Does anyone know if I can use the SD Media Launcher from Datel instead of the SD Gecko to dump my Wii games onto with a Wiikey? I'm having a tough time finding a SD Gecko, and I've ordered from Datel before and I trust their company enough to order again. So can someone help me?

Make an SD Gecko then.

Use the same instructions, but on a GameCube memory card.

You're not understanding my question. If I buy the SD Media Launcher, will I be able to dump games onto it just like I would be able to with the SD Gecko?

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
teq said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
That looks a little out of my league. Wish I could do it though, because that would be perfect! Does anyone know if I can use the SD Media Launcher from Datel instead of the SD Gecko to dump my Wii games onto with a Wiikey? I'm having a tough time finding a SD Gecko, and I've ordered from Datel before and I trust their company enough to order again. So can someone help me?

Make an SD Gecko then.

You're not understanding my question. If I buy the SD Media Launcher, will I be able to dump games onto it just like I would be able to with the SD Gecko?

I understood your question.

No, SD media launcher does not work anymore... so if you can't find SD gecko, make one.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
teq said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:

Make an SD Gecko then.

I understood your question.

No, SD media launcher does not work anymore... so if you can't find SD gecko, make one.

ok thanks. guess i got to look harder!

bushing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
@Sportsmaniac, you don't need an SD gecko if you're willing to mod your Wii. Instead, you can wire the GameCube memory card slot to the front SD slot.

This not only allows you to do everything SD gecko can, but it also lets you use the front SD for GameCube saves.

Really?

bushing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nitrotux said:
I am doing this in my free time and I find it very offensive you demand things from me.

I find it very offensive that you string technical terms together into gibberish. Such as:
QUOTE(nitrotux @ Jun 26 2008, 09:50 PM) You first have to understand how Wii/GOD discs are encoded.
[...]
When you burn a Wii ISO, you're burning it with standard DVD-ROM encoding; Which the Wii does not understand.

What a modchip does is "translate" a sector from DVD-ROM to Wii/GOD encoding.

Your mumblings in this thread are particularly odd -- throwing out specific IOS version numbers and then being confused at the structure of an ISO. Talking about finding an exploit in IOS, giving up after a couple of days, and then cutting and pasting random, vaguely related stuff from http://www.ingenieria-inversa.cl/?p=9. You're having a public conversation with yourself in an attempt to impress other people.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nitrotux said:
Yes, when I started this project I was confused.
But as days passed I have learned alot about Wii's internals.

... and about the structure of a ISO.

So we're supposed to believe that in a few days of "researching" that you can do something that some people have been trying for over a year? I'm sorry but unless you can give us some proof that is believable, this has to be fake.

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Hey, here's a thought. If you think it's fake and don't give a shit, go away. Go thread crap a Wii Miidia topic or something. If this guy is legit, he'll release something useful eventually. If he's not, the thread will die of it's own lack of momentum.

Jesus, man, stop being such a whiner. teq, you're not special here, no one cares if you think it's fake or if you *gasp* request the moderators close the thread if it's not proven to YOU that this isn't fake. Deflate your ego a bit, you're not an authority here.

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
bushing said:
teq said:
@Sportsmaniac, you don't need an SD gecko if you're willing to mod your Wii. Instead, you can wire the GameCube memory card slot to the front SD slot.

This not only allows you to do everything SD gecko can, but it also lets you use the front SD for GameCube saves.

Really?
A link was posted in the topic...

Oh, and leave him alone (post here some Chris pics). If it's a fake, this topic will drop down in the topic list. Otherwise, we will get a great tool.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bobitos said:
Jesus, man, stop being such a whiner. teq, you're not special here, no one cares if you think it's fake or if you *gasp* request the moderators close the thread if it's not proven to YOU that this isn't fake. Deflate your ego a bit, you're not an authority here.

And you're one to talk? If you actually believe him enough to defend him, you're gullible.

I didn't state that I would ever be the deciding factor in whether or not he's legitimate in his claims. However, I would like to provide insight if I can.

As far as authority goes around here, if I did have the ability to moderate, you wouldn't see as many stupid threads as there are.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shuny said:
Thanks god, you're not a moderator.

Uh, right... because you just love a forum riddled with spam.

There's at least three threads on the first page of this section that could be combined and answered by one thread.

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
You may be too young on this forum to notice it, but this lack of moderation makes GBAtemp way better than any forum on the Internet.

Even if our moderation doesn't allow spamming / flooding (except on the testing area), it allows the newbie to have an anwser to his question without being spammed with posts like "zOMG ALREADY POSTED §§§" "U NOOB US€ TEH SEARCH TOOLz".

An highly moderated forum isn't fun, it's "Yet another boring forum", when you try to ask something it has already been asked and your topic is insta-closed.

I prefer two duplicated topics than two closed topics. I'm on the internet for ten years and believe me, a forum which is too much moderated makes a crappy forum.

You're not french but I have a good french example right here : http://forum.hardware.fr . If you're a newb in this forum, you'll get almost insulted, you'll be banned because you've missed a letter etc ...

It's only my opinion and it's hard to express in english but do what you want with your forum, install a phpBB forum on your serv and ban every member who registers. Don't kill this one.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Shuny said:
You may be too young on this forum to notice it, but this lack of moderation makes GBAtemp way better than any forum on the Internet.

Even if our moderation doesn't allow spamming / flooding (except on the testing area), it allows the newbie to have an anwser to his question without being spammed with posts like "zOMG ALREADY POSTED §§§" "U NOOB US€ TEH SEARCH TOOLz".

An highly moderated forum isn't fun, it's "Yet another boring forum", when you try to ask something it has already been asked and your topic is insta-closed.

I prefer two duplicated topics than two closed topics. I'm on the internet for ten years and believe me, a forum which is too much moderated makes a crappy forum.

You're not french but I have a good french example right here : http://forum.hardware.fr . If you're a newb in this forum, you'll get almost insulted, you'll be banned because you've missed a letter etc ...

It's only my opinion and it's hard to express in english but do what you want with your forum, install a phpBB forum on your serv and ban every member who registers. Don't kill this one.

QFT
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
And you're one to talk? If you actually believe him enough to defend him, you're gullible.

I didn't state that I would ever be the deciding factor in whether or not he's legitimate in his claims. However, I would like to provide insight if I can.

As far as authority goes around here, if I did have the ability to moderate, you wouldn't see as many stupid threads as there are.First off, I'm not defending him, am I? I'm simply telling you to lay off him because you're in no position to come in a thread spouting about how it's fake and that you demand proof or you'd close it - like you actually had the ability to do so.

teq is lame as shitI'm calling BS on this until you post your "custom IOS". That can easily be done before you start working on the disc dumping.

So, post it or I'll ask a mod to close this thread.
Secondly, yes, you did state that you were the authority. "Oooh, if you don't post your proof for me now, I will get this thread closed!"

EDIT: And teq, before you go posting something else stupid in this topic... reread every post on the page. No one is supporting you. Go away.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand where you're coming from. However, there is a proper way of doing things and there is a way of doing things that's going to get you bitched at.

In this thread, for example, nitrotux made claims that he did something that not even Bushing has done. It wasn't submitted to WiiBrew or Tehskeen, so obviously he's new on the scene and doesn't have a clue how things are done. In another thread, he tried to explain how a drivechip worked and was corrected immediately.

If he doesn't know what he's talking about and his claims are false, what good does it do to have this thread open? It's just going to perpetuate more false information and waste peoples' time.

As far as new members are concerned, their first reaction when coming to a forum should not be to start begging and pleading for help, especially when there are stickies and a search tool to help.

Pretend this was a normal website and you couldn't find what you were looking for. Would you immediately e-mail the webmaster and ask him questions? Or, would you use Google and find a page that has what you're looking for?

Just because a forum offers user interaction, doesn't mean it's always necessary to post a thread. There are plenty of threads that already address a lot of users' concerns... they just need to look around.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bobitos said:
First off, I'm not defending him, am I? I'm simply telling you to lay off him because you're in no position to come in a thread spouting about how it's fake and that you demand proof or you'd close it - like you actually had the ability to do so.

Secondly, yes, you did state that you were the authority. "Oooh, if you don't post your proof for me now, I will get this thread closed!"

EDIT: And teq, before you go posting something else stupid in this topic... reread every post on the page. No one is supporting you. Go away.

Actually, bobitos, if you really re-read everything, you would find that you're the only one that is in disagreement here. So why dont YOU go away?

Authority is not in question here; it's a user's gullibility that's in question. And yes, I am in a position to disprove his claims. Asking a moderator to close a bogus thread is not a new concept.

He is spouting bogus claims, something that could lead to pissing off a lot of people. You weren't part of the thread where SamSam12 decided to post that he had figured out a solution for 3.3, but he had pages and pages of people griefing on him and ultimately, spamming the forum. Why don't we avoid that this time?

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Don't double post. For God's sake, teq, there's a proper way to do things around here!
rolleyes.gif
There's an edit button for a reason!

ATTN MODERATORS! Combine his double post into one post! He's spamming the forums. How am I supposed to wade through all of this rubbish to find the useful information!?

teq said:
Actually, bobitos, if you really re-read everything, you would find that you're the only one that is in disagreement here. So why dont YOU go away?
W-wh-why d-d-don't.... YOU... shut up.

Yep, just me. And Shuny. And jan777. Interestingly enough, we all have been here longer than you! And woah! The SPAM hasn't killed us yet.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ See, edited! It keeps the forum clean.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBFP_T5XHU