Hacking Wii Dark Theme - Latest Instructions Available?

A4orce84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys,

Trying to update my theme on my wii, and a bit confused. Been reading / watching a lot of youtube videos, but they are mostly 3-4 years old. I also have seen that changing themes on the wii, seems to be the highest rate for "bricking" it.

So, my question is there an up-to-date guide on how to update my theme (I want a dark / black theme mainly) safely and easily?

Thanks in advance,
A4orce84

Gaming4Ever

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mainly to not brick you just need to make sure its a Theme for your Wii system firmware 4.1,4.2U,4.3.....

Do u know which one u have?

Then just search for a compatible theme

i might have some 4.2 and 4.3 themes i think

::EDIT:: Also use an app called MyMenuify and the themes will most likely be .csm format

A4orce84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, I have the 4.3U firmware. Is there a good video or writeup that you could point me to please?

A4orce84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, I have the 4.3U firmware. Is there a good video or writeup that you could point me to please?

A4orce84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like I need to install cIOS before I call install MyMenuify (when I start MM all I get is a black screen).

Is this right?

Gaming4Ever

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really its a Homebrew App should run fine like all others from HBC

Again tho u need to make sure your not installing a 4.2 theme to a 4.3 Wii cause that will brick it 100%

You should have BootMii/Priiloader case of brick.....

A4orce84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys,

So finally got everything working, basically had to do the following:
---------------
1) Update my cIOS using D2X-cIOS (https://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/downloads/list, using slot 249)
2) MyMenuify - Get this app from wiibrew.org (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/MyMenuify)
3) Create a folder called /Themes in the root of your SD Card.
4) Your system menu .app in /Themes folder - Get NUS Downloader and go to System Menu 4.3U then download the .app, in your case should be 00000097.app . This very same file will be used JUST in case you screw up and the menu does not look properly. You will install this file with MyMenuify to reset the Main Menu Theme to the original one.
4.5) Intermediary step: I had to convert some theme files from .mym to .csm type files.
5) Dropped both my .app and new .csm files in the themes directory I created in step#3.
6) Start up MyMenuify in the HB channel, and install!

These steps are posted in July 2014, so they should work for anyone trying to update their classic wii on 4.3U firmware. =)

**Special THANK YOU to Shadow for helping me 1x1 figure all this out. Thanks again sir, I really appreciate your time and help with this one!**

Thanks,
A4orce84

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey Guys,

So finally got everything working, basically had to do the following:
---------------
1) Update my cIOS using D2X-cIOS (https://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/downloads/list, using slot 249)
2) MyMenuify - Get this app from wiibrew.org (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/MyMenuify)
3) Create a folder called /Themes in the root of your SD Card.
4) Your system menu .app in /Themes folder - Get NUS Downloader and go to System Menu 4.3U then download the .app, in your case should be 00000097.app . This very same file will be used JUST in case you screw up and the menu does not look properly. You will install this file with MyMenuify to reset the Main Menu Theme to the original one.
4.5) Intermediary step: I had to convert some theme files from .mym to .csm type files.
5) Dropped both my .app and new .csm files in the themes directory I created in step#3.
6) Start up MyMenuify in the HB channel, and install!

These steps are posted in July 2014, so they should work for anyone trying to update their classic wii on 4.3U firmware. =)

**Special THANK YOU to Shadow for helping me 1x1 figure all this out. Thanks again sir, I really appreciate your time and help with this one!**

Thanks,

A4orce84

I am glad I could be of help!
You are welcome, A4orce84! :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1