Hacking Wii crashes after playing a real copy

Quanno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got a strange problem that I actually never found anywhere.

I recently softmodded a Wii for a friend, and everything worked at that point. Got Hermes cios installed and Cios rev21.

Now, when I try to load the USB Channel, it goes Exception (DSI). I did a SysCheck and saw that both Cios were gone. Back to stub.
He played on the hdd, which went fine, then played a real copy, which went fine too (Rango, if you need that info), and after playing,
the cios were gone.

Any ideas?

Quanno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the quick reply's.

First time happened a week ago, this is the second time it's happening. The Wii was at 4.3 already.
I've reinstalled the cios, but today he came back with the same problem.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Quanno said:

First time happened a week ago, this is the second time it's happening. The Wii was at 4.3 already.
It doesn't matter if it is at 4.3. When you load a game from the disc channel (and don't have Priiloader or something else blocking updates), it checks the version numbers of most everything. The cIOS's were replaced with stubs because the stubs have higher version numbers.

Quanno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
JoostinOnline said:
Quanno said:

It doesn't matter if it is at 4.3. When you load a game from the disc channel (and don't have Priiloader or something else blocking updates), it checks the version numbers of most everything. The cIOS's were replaced with stubs because the stubs have higher version numbers.

So, when I'll reinstall and try to play the copy, it should ask to update, right?
I think I told him quite clearly not to update, but is there any way to prevent that?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Quanno said:
JoostinOnline said:
Quanno said:

So, when I'll reinstall and try to play the copy, it should ask to update, right?
I think I told him quite clearly not to update, but is there any way to prevent that?
If you install Priiloader you can block disc and online update checks by enabling a couple of hacks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok