Hardware Wii CPU

Vishnoo

Failure is success if we learn from it.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Is the wii Cpu compatible with the PC Cpu.Then what about the graphics,Is there a way to use wii graphics in PC.I am asking this just for knowledge.

D

Deleted User

The Wii's CPU architecture is completely different from a generic PC CPU architecture. (Wii CPU architecture is PowerPC, whereas a PC uses something like x86 I think). It just wouldn't be compatable ever, I would imagine.

Reactions: Deleted User

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii uses a PowerPC 750CL CPU. (I'd get the Wiibrew page but it seems to be down.) Unless you have a Power Mac G3 from 1999, it's not going to be anywhere near the same as your PC's CPU (which is probably Intel x86 architecture).

GPU is somewhat derived from ATI Radeon R300, but its register interface is completely different.

And what exactly do you mean by "use Wii graphics on PC"? You can convert textures and models from Wii-specific formats to more common formats, but that's about it.

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
The Wii's CPU architecture is completely different from a generic PC CPU architecture. (Wii CPU architecture is PowerPC, whereas a PC uses something like x86 I think). It just wouldn't be compatable ever, I would imagine.
Well, old computers used PPC, like the old Gx Macs.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all replies.That means there is no way right to use wii cpus and gpus on pc.
Tell me, how exactly would you "use" a Wii CPU and GPU on a PC anyway? Do you think you'd just be able to use an X-acto knife to cut it off of the Wii motherboard and then superglue it to a PC, and it'd magically work?

EDIT: Never mind the fact that even a 2011 Intel Core i7 (Sandy Bridge) and a desktop GPU from that time would both be infinitely more powerful than the Wii's CPU and GPU.

Last edited by GerbilSoft, , Reason: SNB, not Nehalem.
Reactions: Vishnoo
D

Deleted User

Whats emul8.Is that useful.What is it?
Emulation is a form of trying to mimic what the actual hardware does, only it's done on another device. There are better descriptions than what I just told you lol, but I suggest you just do some research via Google.

Touko White

(not)Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tell me, how exactly would you "use" a Wii CPU and GPU on a PC anyway? Do you think you'd just be able to use an X-acto knife to cut it off of the Wii motherboard and then superglue it to a PC, and it'd magically work?

EDIT: Never mind the fact that even a 2011 Intel Core i7 (Sandy Bridge) and a desktop GPU from that time would both be infinitely more powerful than the Wii's CPU and GPU.
maybe wants to see if XP can run on that hardware or something, probably could though

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
lol
emulation can work in many different ways I think, but basically it lets you play wii games on your pc
I don't know much more about it
It essentially Emulates the Systems CPU, GPU, and other hardware. Using many different methods of Emu. I believe Dolphin comes with a JIT (Just in Time) Compiler for the CPU Emulation. Which is one of the fastest way to emulate a CPU. When it comes to the GPU, it mainly uses your Integrated GPU or External GPU. Which use's a Backend such as "DirectX (9, 10, 11, and 12), or OpenGL/OpenGL ES (For Mobile)". But, that's the basics of it all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay