Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kotaku said:
Wow, this is a weird one, but so many people sent it in I figured I should share. A 28 year old Rancho Cordova woman has died from her participation in a radio contest to win a Wii. Some clever monkey at station KDND 107.9 out of Sacramento, thought it would be hilarious to hold a "Hold your Wee for a Wii" contest (get it?). Contestants were given water to drink and whoever could drink the most without peeing, would get the Wii.

According to one contestant, the lady in question, Jennifer Strange,
0711313021_Jennifer-Strange-185.jpg

drank at least five 8oz bottles of water in the first hour and even more afterwards, but no one knows for sure how much exactly she consumed. The coroner said that early investigation showed signs that her death might have been caused by water intoxication. It should be noted though, that this is NOT the official word as of yet, just the preliminary findings.

I think the saddest part of this story is that Mrs. strange was trying to win the Wii for her three children. Another strange death surrounding America's obsession with the new generation video game consoles. I must say, the mind reels."
I want to personally shove whoever started the contest, into a human sized shredder.

Theres more on it here.

Qpido

Call me Q.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Man that sucks, we had a case of water intoxication in my country a few years back.
He didn't die but he got VERY VERY ill.

He drank 5 liters of water, I don't know how much that is in Oz.

The worst part is the radio station is prolly gonna give those kids a Wii as a 'comfort', they'll have to think about their dead mom whenever they play.
Not that they'll be in the mood to play anytime soon..

Q~

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Too much of anything is pretty much a bad idea. Except money. So feel free to give me some, you know. If you have too much or something :3

One question remains: Did she win the wii or not?
Technically, she never went to the bathroom. If she doesn't I'll go all the way to Sacramento and burn the station down to a cinder. >.>

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think its stupid do do such a contest especially cuz they should have known that there are ppl who are stupid enough to overdo it ...

and as well i think it was stupid of the women to overdo it, it wasn't a rule of the contest to drink so much that you die ...

----edit----

lookout ... that guy .... ... omg ... WHAT IS HE ? an alien who wants to drink all water on earth ? Oo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: it pisses me off