Hacking Wii backup loader......looks real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
Bit of info for people:

The games are not patched as such, 'just' the ISOs are trimmed

There is a supporting app "Multidiscmaker" which is waiting to be finalised as the data on the disc has to be laid out in a certain manner.

Should also work on Gamecube ones too when it's all finished.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Jacobeian said:
linkinworm said:
and i cant say how it was made, because well someone else could make this and then release it before wanin

lol, is this really important ? I think all people smart enough to code it already know how to do it, it's just a matter of coding and overpassing some difficulties, which I don't really need to know

all I want to know is the concept, does it work little like as emukiddid's loader, that means, intercepting DVD reads and patching them to use another layer (in that case, DI functions) ? or is the IOS patched somehow to modify the original DVD read functions ?

Probably the first option... by rather than intercepting it seems they are previously patched and converted to the patched custom ios routines.

By the way there is still doubt... if the thing comes with two/three parts they can easily publish one part... they didn't even care to comment on that...

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Dack said:
Bit of info for people:

The games are not patched as such, 'just' the ISOs are trimmed

There is a supporting app "Multidiscmaker" which is waiting to be finalised as the data on the disc has to be laid out in a certain manner.

Should also work on Gamecube ones too when it's all finished.
this is intresting, could be very usefull, does this decypt the game data aswell as trim it?

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
It seems to be real because
- The things written in the console screen makes sense

But still there are a few flaws.. maybe too much flaws
smile.gif

- Green flashing in the screen
- And the elf file loading too fast
- Video has no sound (To cover sound sync issues, if the backup play is actually video?)
- Button presses in the wiimote and screen do not sync well

That is YouTube's fault.

EDIT: Oh and good job if this is real. I don't believe this is real untill you releases something to let everyone do it, some video on youtube isn't going to make me believe. With the kind of video editing software we have these days you can all most do anything.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I believe this is real because at the very low end, everything is related to reading data from a DVD, which is now possible thanks to the great libDI findings. The rest (game encryption, IOS patching, etc) is already known and waninkoko has already done a lof experiementation with that, so yes, he certainly did it

nebiru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In another forum, Waninkoko hasn't denied it in a thread about this very subject. He replied "There is no need to patch games, just make a couple things so that the backup can be loaded" (translated by google).

fabi280

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Uhh, that means Wii is a dead System soon?
If it will published => Some Publishers wont create anymore for Wii?
I dont hope it.
I hope they will block with an Update such things like: Wii Backup Loaders, Wii HDD Iso Loaders.....

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fab on what planet is that then mate i mean the ds is hacked the xbox is hacked and the ps2 and they still all have games produced

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if I ISO loader is made, it will still have devs. PS2 is hacked and its STILL going strong. All systems so far (You know, from Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft) have been hacked and they still get games
biggrin.gif

darkhawk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
skedone said:
@fab on what planet is that then mate i mean the ds is hacked the xbox is hacked and the ps2 and they still all have games produced
The PSP planet, piracy killed the games and no devs want to make games for it, but the Wii is diffrent i doubt its going to hurt Nintendos huge pockets. Since most of the people that own Wiis are familys which wouldnt attempt this hack or young,older people who wouldnt know where to start.

Anyway kinda pointless for use modchip users but still intresting to see what comes from this
biggrin.gif

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if im reading correctly, this another piece of waninkoko? linkinworm is just the beta tester? how stable is it as of right now?

the wii will never die for this loader. the psp never had a good selection of games. its just an EXCELLENT homebrew machine, more so than an actual legit game machine.
i am anxious for a release date (or even just a beta release to mess with)

Drkirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darkhawk said:
skedone said:
The PSP planet, piracy killed the games and no devs want to make games for it, but the Wii is diffrent i doubt its going to hurt Nintendos huge pockets. Since most of the people that own Wiis are familys which wouldnt attempt this hack or young,older people who wouldnt know where to start.

Anyway kinda pointless for use modchip users but still intresting to see what comes from this
biggrin.gif
You know, while people always point out that Piracy killed the PSP, there are a ton of people I have seen who owned the PSP, got like 3 games for it, and never touched the thing again. And there are also the people who bought FFVII: CC, beat it a few times, never touched the system again.

I don't think Piracy had as much of an impact that people give it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30