Wii #2860 - The Last Story (Europe)

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the framerate in this game keeps dropping for me and its really distracting. It's already affecting my enjoyment of the game. Is it a loader problem or does the actual game also not have a good framerate

Sudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After getting out of prison and talking to one of the NPCs in the courtyard, he says he has a letter of challenge for me and the game crashes after that. It also crashes if I try to do the "Stolen Permission Pass" sidequest, after the boy steals Elza's pass.
hmm. is that the quest that found in Artisan's Way who looking for her key?
Earlier in the game the boy and his sister are talking north of the Arena. In chapter 19 he's there by himself, mentioning that his sister is sick or something. After you talk to him and go back to the tavern and exit again, he steals your pass and you have to chase him. The reason I'm doing the quest is because it's a prerequisite for the optional Chapter 21, which I don't want to miss out on.

Sudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shocks, i already pass that event, I really cant say if I problems occured since I played the undub around chapter 8
That's fine. If it's not a problem, though, could you upload your undub .csv file? I just want to see if it's a problem with something I did wrong.

SyRenity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To those trying to burn the DVD-9 undub to DVD-5, use these steps.
Also make sure you have enough hd space.

1. Open The last Story Undub folder with Wii Backup Manager and transfer it to ISO to get a 7.91 GB ISO.
3. Open the 7.91 GB ISO with WiiSrubber, select trim and wait a while to get a 4.15 GB ISO
4. Open the 4.15 GB ISO with WiiBackup Manager and transfer it to ISO to get a 4.37 GB ISO.

Now you can burn a correct size DVD-5 Wii image.

Just tried following these steps, and got exactly same sizes, but the game throws error on me right on start.

Did anyone succeed bringing the size to DVD-5 using the steps above?

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
To those trying to burn the DVD-9 undub to DVD-5, use these steps.
Also make sure you have enough hd space.

1. Open The last Story Undub folder with Wii Backup Manager and transfer it to ISO to get a 7.91 GB ISO.
3. Open the 7.91 GB ISO with WiiSrubber, select trim and wait a while to get a 4.15 GB ISO
4. Open the 4.15 GB ISO with WiiBackup Manager and transfer it to ISO to get a 4.37 GB ISO.

Now you can burn a correct size DVD-5 Wii image.

Just tried following these steps, and got exactly same sizes, but the game throws error on me right on start.

Did anyone succeed bringing the size to DVD-5 using the steps above?

3. Open the 4.15 GB ISO with WiiBackup Manager and transfer it to WBFS to get a 4.15 GB folder with one or two wbfs files.
4. Open the 4.15 GB folder with WiiBackup Manager and transfer it to ISO to get a 4.37 GB ISO.

*Edit. Added/Changed a redundant step to make a difference.

Sudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone managed to finish the game undubbed just by swapping the sound/movie folders? If it only crashes at the end of chapters 19 and 21 I'll just tolerate the dub for those parts and switch back to the undub for the rest.

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
It seems to work fine on my side. Although I messed up on the "Ugh" dub,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SnVL0rWF6M&feature=youtu.be

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone managed to finish the game undubbed just by swapping the sound/movie folders? If it only crashes at the end of chapters 19 and 21 I'll just tolerate the dub for those parts and switch back to the undub for the rest.

There's another undub from the same guy that made the Xenoblade undub/english text only DVD-5.
So hopefully his undub doesn't give issues.

Sudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There's another undub from the same guy that made the Xenoblade undub/english text only DVD-5.
So hopefully his undub doesn't give issues.
Yeah, that's what I've been hearing but I haven't seen it in any of the usual places. Guess I'll just have to switch back to the dub if I find anymore issues after chapter 21.
edit: The game is crashing randomly when various non-story NPCs talk now, post-chapter 19. I'm going to have to stick to the dub for now until this gets sorted out, because I'm tired of losing progress.

TroopeR-XII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
shocks, i already pass that event, I really cant say if I problems occured since I played the undub around chapter 8

At least can you say exactly what lines we need to edit to get it work? I really need that file, if you dont want to upload it, can you please tell us how to edit it correctly?

Sorry for the bad english, and thanks.

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
if you have Microsoft Excel and have knowledge about Macro Programming (it's similar like, VB6 programming), i just created a macro program that compares the first column and search it from one table to another table. There are about 100+ entries as far as I can remember that is missing on the japanese cvs base on pal csv and 1 entry in japanese csv that pal csv doesnt have.

Anyway, this is a raw output from MS excel. But I think this should work just fine. And also, make sure that you have the files found on PAL version. Since Japan dub files there are some missing files (see previous post)

http://www.mediafire.com/?8evu4o2735nl37u

Mr Esteves

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if you have Microsoft Excel and have knowledge about Macro Programming (it's similar like, VB6 programming), i just created a macro program that compares the first column and search it from one table to another table. There are about 100+ entries as far as I can remember that is missing on the japanese cvs base on pal csv and 1 entry in japanese csv that pal csv doesnt have.

Anyway, this is a raw output from MS excel. But I think this should work just fine. And also, make sure that you have the files found on PAL version. Since Japan dub files there are some missing files (see previous post)

http://www.mediafire...8evu4o2735nl37u
Thanks

SyRenity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

http://www.mediafire...8evu4o2735nl37u

So, the file in undub should be just replaced with this one?

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country

I highly suggest that you do the re-dubbing process.

In my case, i used the "non-repacked" release., a.k.a. the scrubbed version. Then uses my Japanese game copy here and done a backup using CFG Loader.

After that, I extract the 2 ISO's using WIT (Wii ISO tools) and now, gone through japanese "sound and movie folder" and copy it to clipboard. Now I browsed through PAL files and pasted that "sound and movie" folders there, it should ask to replace some files, go overwrite all the files. After that, all files should be there. Go browse to sound folder and replace the csv file that I provided there. Once done, compose the PAL extracted file to ISO file using WIT (Wii ISO tools). Test it and whoala, No more random freeze.

The process can also be done using WiiScrubber, but that tool is just too hassle to work with.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly suggest that you do the re-dubbing process.
In my case, i used the "non-repacked" release., a.k.a. the scrubbed version. Then uses my Japanese game copy here and done a backup using CFG Loader.

After that, I extract the 2 ISO's using WIT (Wii ISO tools) and now, gone through japanese "sound and movie folder" and copy it to clipboard. Now I browsed through PAL files and pasted that "sound and movie" folders there, it should ask to replace some files, go overwrite all the files. After that, all files should be there. Go browse to sound folder and replace the csv file that I provided there. Once done, compose the PAL extracted file to ISO file using WIT (Wii ISO tools). Test it and whoala, No more random freeze.

The process can also be done using WiiScrubber, but that tool is just too hassle to work with.
where the random freezes ocurrs?

I made the undub in a different way... I converted the isos (both EUR(no repack) and JAP) to wbfs (erasing the update partition) with WiiBackupManager and deleted the iso files from my pc.
Then I realized that WiiScrubber doenst support wbfs so I had to convert it back to ISO with WiiBackupManager. (dunno if that makes a difference)

then I followed these steps but instead of "replacing" the movie and sound folders, I erased the PAL ones and used the JAP ones
There is a lot faster way of doing this using Wii Partition Builder 1.1

1- With WiiScrubber Extract all files of both Japanese and EU version

2- Extract "partition.bin" "boot.bin" "bi2.bin" "apploader.img" "main.dol" of the EU version

3- Go to the folder where you extracted everything and replace Sounds and Movies folders

4- Then Open Partition Builder 1.1, it will ask you to open the files you extracted at (2) and the folder where you have extracted all datas (1)

5- Click on "Build" it will create a "partition1.img"

6- Open the EU iso with WiiScrubber, delete the DATA partition

7- Right click on "WII DISC" - Import - Unencrypted, select the "partition1.img" you just created

8- When it ask you, select "0"

9- It will take quite a long time

Also, I didnt touch the cvs file.

Works perfectly so far... that's why now Im wondering where the freezes occurs

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
@[member='NahuelDS']

it seems that you havent done too much side quest so far. Why not take some? and see if you got a problem

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont have the time to play the game right know... but Im whiling to try just a bit if someone sends me a savefile

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBFP_T5XHU