DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
doyama said:
Motastic said:
Then why is there a drought of Wii Games? The same thing happened with the GameCube, when the Wii got revealed. Steal show from 3DS? 3DS is already out, its just games. Awesome New 3DS Games and Shiny new Wii 2 will give Nintendo, one of the best E3 shows of all time.

Well as ZeroPunctiation eloquently puts it, we are in the Post-Christmas season aka. "The Season of Bugger All Coming Out". That seems to correlate better with this 'drought'. Also isn't it more correlative to say that they were dumping every single resource into making 3DS games rather than putting stuff out on the Wii. Nintendo still hasn't released a 3DS game with their holy trinity: Zelda/Metroid/Mario. Doesn't it make more sense that they are committing all their resources there and thus the 'drought' of 1st party titles on the Wii.

So how many big name Wii titles have come out since November? Zip zero nada nill. The Wii has had absolutely jack all really in the last year or so, hardly any big name games have been released. The last title to come out that had any meaning for it was Metroid: Other M and that was quite a while ago now. They have provided almost nothing in the last year in terms of first party support and 3rd party support has been mainly shovelware and crappy spin off games. The only announced game for this year that we can expect to be at least decent for North America is Conduit 2.

linuxGuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt they are going to announce a new console so soon, even the wii came out two years after the original ds. I don't see any reason why the next console would come out so soon after the newest handheld.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
linuxGuru said:
I doubt they are going to announce a new console so soon, even the wii came out two years after the original ds. I don't see any reason why the next console would come out so soon after the newest handheld.
The Gamecube came out 5 months after the GBA in 2001.

Lol, you beat my edit, Linuxguru!
ohmy.gif

linuxGuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
linuxGuru said:
The Gamecube came out 5 months after the GBA in 2001.
Ok, Guess you got a point.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
doyama said:
Motastic said:
Then why is there a drought of Wii Games? The same thing happened with the GameCube, when the Wii got revealed. Steal show from 3DS? 3DS is already out, its just games. Awesome New 3DS Games and Shiny new Wii 2 will give Nintendo, one of the best E3 shows of all time.

Well as ZeroPunctiation eloquently puts it, we are in the Post-Christmas season aka. "The Season of Bugger All Coming Out". That seems to correlate better with this 'drought'. Also isn't it more correlative to say that they were dumping every single resource into making 3DS games rather than putting stuff out on the Wii. Nintendo still hasn't released a 3DS game with their holy trinity: Zelda/Metroid/Mario. Doesn't it make more sense that they are committing all their resources there and thus the 'drought' of 1st party titles on the Wii.

So how many big name Wii titles have come out since November? Zip zero nada nill. The Wii has had absolutely jack all really in the last year or so, hardly any big name games have been released. The last title to come out that had any meaning for it was Metroid: Other M and that was quite a while ago now. They have provided almost nothing in the last year in terms of first party support and 3rd party support has been mainly shovelware and crappy spin off games. The only announced game for this year that we can expect to be at least decent for North America is Conduit 2.

ohai, you must be new to the internet. There are several big name Wii games in the works. For example: Zelda: Skyward Sword is due out later this year in Japan (I haven't looked for a US release date), there's also the new kirby game in the works, and there are others that I don't feel like remembering right now (do a little research, it won't kill you).

Acetic Orcein

Trophies
XP
Country
m3rox said:
DSGamer64 said:
doyama said:
Motastic said:

ohai, you must be new to the internet. There are several big name Wii games in the works. For example: Zelda: Skyward Sword is due out later this year in Japan (I haven't looked for a US release date), there's also the new kirby game in the works, and there are others that I don't feel like remembering right now (do a little research, it won't kill you).

Zelda definitely! But Kirby?
I suppose as first party it could be considered big, but comparatively I'd put Kirby on the crap end of 'big name' releases considering the garbage that was Kirby's Epic Yawn. I don't think having a Kirby game is something to be particularly proud of. I suppose that's subjective, but there is still a dry spell going on. That's not to say there aren't other big name releases coming up, but eurgh, Kirby? I'll try finding a better example lol.

Motastic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr Eggman said:
Well, guys, too, remember Twilight Princess was released on the GameCube and the Wii concurrently...

It is 5 years later.

Maybe Skyward Sword will be released on the Wii and Wii 2 concurrently too. I say a Wii 2 is likely. 5 years is kind of a long time. I say announced formally this E3, hits shelves by August, and sells like hotcakes. I would also say the "Wii 2" would include backwards compability with the original Wii, a larger and more elaborate HardDrive, and a revamped online experience that would compete with Sony and Microsoft. If the "Wii 2"had that, it would no doubt be the best SYSTEM out there. I think the graphics are amazing on some games on the Wii. If the harddrive issue was solved and a better online system that would include a GamerTag kind of system, with family-orientated settings, the "Wii 2" would be the ultimate money making machine.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dr Eggman said:
Well, guys, too, remember Twilight Princess was released on the GameCube and the Wii concurrently...

It is 5 years later.
Yeah, but the Wii and the Gamecube basically have the same power. I guess it's possible, but I can't see it happening.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
m3rox said:
DSGamer64 said:
doyama said:
Motastic said:

Japan =/= North America, clearly you missed that fact.

We have nothing in North America aside from Conduit 2 which is coming out in a week. I really couldn't give a damn if there are a bunch of games coming out in Japan, 75% of them don't come out here anyway. The ones that are planned for release here have no scheduled release date, and Zelda coming out so late for most users that the console is just a dead fish floating on the water. How many confirmed good games do we have for North America and Europe between now and the end of the year? One game that hasn't been released with Conduit 2, everything else is terrible. I haven't touched my Wii console in months, there is nothing coming out here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee