Wii #1362 - EA SPORTS™ Grand Slam Tennis (Europe)

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
I like to have hard copies of all my games as well. I also load the games I want to play onto my HDD. This one is definitely going on there.

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
maybe i'll buy a wiimotion plus just for the bow and arrow game in Wii Sports Resort but not for this crap

958432_20090602_screen003.jpg

958432_20090602_screen005.jpg

958432_20090602_screen008.jpg

Inpression

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how does it compare to Wii Sports tennis? Is the ball placement as accurate or is it just reflex based like Mario Power Tennis?

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Chanser said:
So you decided not to recommend this game, because of screenshots?
no, it's because of the two letters: EA

I think the last EA game i liked was "Black" (Xbox/PS2).
Seems like they choose to let their untalented guys work for the Wii games. Look at the FIFA, NBA or Tiger Woods games for Wii, EA doesn't even try to reach the average Gamecube graphic standard, no their Wii games look even worse.

Chanser

:o
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
To be honest EA has been trying hard to release good games. Mainly due to Mr Ricatello, he's been pushing for original games, turn the NFS brand to a every 2 year stint. The EA partners programme is good. I applaud EA for releasing EA Sports Active, Mirrors Edge, Boom Blox and Dead Space.

Activision is the bad guy to be honest, after suing Tim Schafer because EA publishing Brutal Legend and releasing sequel after sequel of Guitar Hero.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Chanser said:
To be honest EA has been trying hard to release good games. Mainly due to Mr Ricatello, he's been pushing for original games, turn the NFS brand to a every 2 year stint. The EA partners programme is good. I applaud EA for releasing EA Sports Active, Mirrors Edge, Boom Blox and Dead Space.

Activision is the bad guy to be honest, after suing Tim Schafer because EA publishing Brutal Legend and releasing sequel after sequel of Guitar Hero.
I totally agree with you Chanser. I have a lot of fun with EA Active. Boom Blox is ace. And there are tons of other EA games that I like. In the past I also had the feeling that EA was just interested in earning the quick buck but I really changed my mind. And I'm very eager to try this game out, with or without Wii Motion Plus.

DiNo29

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Raylene2K7 said:
maybe i'll buy a wiimotion plus just for the bow and arrow game in Wii Sports Resort but not for this crap
imgs
Wow, I'm usually very tolerant about graphics, but it's awful, way uglier than wii sports Tennis >_

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So the game sucks?
Okay, then I'll buy Virtua Tennis (if that's good) together with 2 Wii Motion Plusses.
How much is this scrubbed btw?
And is the Wii Motion Plus good gameplay wise?

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
*checks the price of a Wii Motion+*

Cheapest I can find online is £18.99... Are Nintendo having a laugh?

If they want the add-on to penetrate the Wii market properly they need to bring that price down to about the £10 mark or bundle the add-on for an extra fiver or something with games that require it and stop milking the peripherals until the Wii's udders bleed. I realise they're in this business to make money but in this instance I think they'd be wiser getting as many of these things out there as possible and cashing in on the games that require it. I'm not sure if it's getting bundled with Wii Sports Resort or not but if you don't want that, you're looking at shelling out £60 to play THIS game as the developers intended.

EvanUnisil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd like to see someone explain to me why this game sucks, instead of just saying it sucks. Reading IGNs review, I got the feeling that it's a game that takes some getting used to. Some people here are saying the graphics really suck but I don't care about that, I'd like to know how the motionplus feels and can you accurately get the shots to work or what's going on? I might go buy a couple today and give it a whirl with my girlfriend.

maxdaling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I think I'm gonna go pick up a few Motion Pluses today and try this one out. Seems like fun and Ign gave it a better score than I expected. I imagine the initial bashing its getting is because either they can't get past the graphics (whatever, I've never been one to let graphics get in the way of a good game), and because its the first wii game to come out that actually has a learning curve to it. Thank god.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Neversoft said:
*checks the price of a Wii Motion+*

Cheapest I can find online is £18.99... Are Nintendo having a laugh?

If they want the add-on to penetrate the Wii market properly they need to bring that price down to about the £10 mark or bundle the add-on for an extra fiver or something with games that require it and stop milking the peripherals until the Wii's udders bleed. I realise they're in this business to make money but in this instance I think they'd be wiser getting as many of these things out there as possible and cashing in on the games that require it. I'm not sure if it's getting bundled with Wii Sports Resort or not but if you don't want that, you're looking at shelling out £60 to play THIS game as the developers intended.

WiiMotionPlus is being bundled with Wii Sports Resort, Tiger Woods 10, Grand Slam Tennis and Red Steel 2 (which comes only later this year).

I wish it was £18.99 here.. it's still not being sold here yet, should arrive on the next month or so.. and it'll be probably something around $120 (60USD)
tongue.gif

lachinay

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I preordered 2 in Italy today for 35 euro total (not shipped, I'm picking them up). Not too bad. If in your country they cost so much, just get them on ebay from some seller that doesn't overcharge shipping... you'll wait a little while, but who cares?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: :shit: +2