Wii #0955 - Call of Duty: World At War (Europe)

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For the Wii, this is probably the 2nd best 1st person shooter so far IMHO (behind Metroid).
Quite polished too. Very enjoyable.
grog.gif

Gotta love cookin' off thost 'nades.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Akion said:
Carnivean said:
Akion said:
lou_weed said:
can anybody answer this please :
If this game on the wii is said to use the COD4 engine , why the hell didnt they release COD4 on the wii ?

Because this is a "soft" CoD4 Engine. I mean, soft textures and a low number of polligons (and low quality particle effects).

They still could have ported the game over, they've managed it with this afterall.

Sure. But, I think maybe they don't like launch a game "graphically incomplete".
This is Activision we're talking about, so I doubt that would be the case
tongue.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.TakaM said:
Could someone please record and upload some footage to youtube?
smile.gif
There are some that where on IGN, if that helps:

Sadly not full screen, but there are on their own site.

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, do i need to brick block this if i want to launch it from the system menu (ntsc wii - 3.3Uv1)?
i know it has 3.1E, but it seems like it has the new weather/news channels (v3) and I'm not sure if my wii could still be damaged.

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Downloading it for my Wii right now and after this gonna download the PC version for my laptop and play it on my FullHD Flat-TV, yay that's gonna be fun!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Scorpin200 said:
As for online i doubt it because it can't connect to the servers since there are none.

I was on their servers last night. I didn't play a game because it was 3am and it stuck on waiting for 3 other players.

I couldn't pick which map I wanted to fight on, you could do this on MoH2, you could have a blast around the port with snipers only if you didn't feel like running and gunning. I couldn't see this option.

They had leaderboards for different things, there were people with 100's of kills and there was a ranking system where you start at level 1 and unlock stuff as you play.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had a quick game of this last night - it was late so just a fast check on the game and i have to say i found it excellent.
Much better than the usual Wii graphics - though still not up to xbox360 or Ps2 standards , but defo a huge congrats to the coders of this game.

It flows fast , is easy to control , its enjoyable and no glitches in the little part that i saw of it.
I didnt try the online but ill be doing that today as this game will get some attention from me now that i have tried it.

I'd even suggest getting the original on this for anyone who has an interest in these games - its worth supporting.

lost101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
ONLINE:
8 Player limit per match.
8 Maps in total.

MAPS: Map Name | size
Asylum | large
Castle | medium
Cliffside | large
Courtyard | small
Dome | small
Hangar medium
Makin | medium
Upheaval | medium

The menus are all pretty nice. Your options are Find a Match, Private match (just select your team, or have it auto-assign), Create a Class (locked), and Barracks (leaderboards etc.)

Find a Match:
Bootcamp (team deathmatch for beginners) - 4-8 players
Team Deathmatch - 4-8 players
Free for All (kill everyone) - 4-8 players
Hardcore Team Deathmatch (locked)
Vereran (locked)

It uses a class system from 1 to 29 (i think, Veteran is 29).

The only mode that I could find players (shouldn't have this problem once it is released) was the free for all. It's pretty awesome. The map I played on was medium sized with lots of cover. There were 4 of us, and there is a little HUD on the upper-right part of the screen (same as in story mode) that shows you the map of the area. You don't feel alone and it doesn't take very long to find someone to kill, and it really doesn't take long for you to get killed yourself.

Also, in the barracks ( leaderboards, there are some stats that can't be unlocked until level 65, so it seems that they go much higher than 29. I am assuming that Veteran mode is deathmatches or free for players at the higher levels. Hardcore TDM is unlocked at level 14, and Veteran at level 29.

There is also a Create a Class option that is unlockable at level 4, but it does not give any info about it.

In Private Match, there are a good amount of options to customize your match.
Link

soapstar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I played through the first 3 chapters now, and I must say that this is a fantastic game!!
The graphics are really good for Wii, great atmosphere
smile.gif

It's great when you walk through fields, and suddenly get ambushed by japanese guys covered in leafs and plants. Really aggresive!!

The only problem i'm having is that the game loads continualy and is making lot's of noise.
All other games i've played on my wii don't have this kind of hard loading noises.
Going to try and burn it on another disc, but does anyone else have this loading noise.

Sometimes it can't even read the disc anymore.
I eject and put it back in the Wii and I can continue.

But other then these problems it is a great game.
Must have!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Crazy people actually spend $50 on that stuff
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Towelie runs my farm, he's awesome.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Polly is still around from what I've heard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @SylverReZ, is Pollys alt I knew it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I see him every once whi!e , incognito
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I'm not him. Keep looking.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.