Wii #0592 - Super Smash Bros Brawl (USA)

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tsstcorpcddvdwshs203bsbdx7.png

good lawd

trying in my old busted up nec 3500 at 2.4x to see how it does. not even going to bother with layer break until the disc can at least show reasonable pif to make me believe it'd actually work

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
so, I have a PAL Wii but I haven't updated to absolutely latest update 3.2? I think I have 3.1E
what should I do to be able to play this US version of Smash Brawl without getting extra weather and news channel?

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
ziddey said:
tsstcorpcddvdwshs203bsbdx7.png

good lawd

trying in my old busted up nec 3500 at 2.4x to see how it does. not even going to bother with layer break until the disc can at least show reasonable pif to make me believe it'd actually work

I have the same drive as you (SATA Samsung, right?). I can't run the Disc Quality test, the start button is inactive. What do I need to do to run it?

Edit: I'm guessing you need to use non-Wii game media... I only have 1 DVD DL left and don't want to waste it on a video.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheVirus, I don't have a specific link, but if you crawl around google / cdfreaks, you'll see the change in the registry you need to make to have nero allow disc quality scanning with the s203b drive.

It's a pretty lenient scanner, so I tend to be more strict with the results. I scan at 8x and if I can get

kallekall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

cyr0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kallekall said:
cyr0x said:
Tomorroe I am going to buy 20 Verbatim DVD+R DL ... I hope ONE of them will work fine with my Wii ..
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=779...p;#entry1025061

And 50 Verbatim DVD-R .. Than I can play No More Heros .. Oooh yeah!

Sounds like you spend more money to make the copied game to work than it would have cost to buy the original...
I allready ordered a original copy.
ohmy.gif

/e.
Btw. I have a xbox360, with flash, too.

bluebright

Trophies
Website
www.portablespacemuseum.com
XP
Country
I never found verbatim's to be that good. In fact, I consider them to be crap. I've used TDK's for my whole collection and I've never had a problem. For the JAP release of smash I useda DL+ TDK and it ran without problems.

So, everyone having random problems, it might be bad media.

jalaneme, wasn't there a trucher thing that removed that error you keep having? Or i spose thats different to the #001 error.

73ARM3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have used what I think is a very cheap DL disc, Aone 8x DVD+R and they
cost me £3.90 for 10, so far, after 3 hours of continous play (my son playing)
I have had no errors whatsoever or green screens. I never touched the iso
at all...just burnt a 2.4 with the layerbreak set.

Pal wii with wiikey 1.9g.

The only thing I see whats different than normal is...when I start the
game, my TV says NO SIGNAL, leave it for 10 seconds and it kicks
back in....think it must be the 480p setting....running through a normal
scart.

gjac1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RGadelha said:
sekhu said:
just throwing this out there, but is it possible that the dump is bad? Seems almost everyone is having problems with the DVD9 version of the game, with green screen and black screen messages, crashs and the like. Though DVD5 versions which are striped of movies work fine.
Is there a receipe anywhere for how to rip the movies / whatever to get a DVD5 from the Wiizard iso?

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=78029

Works perfect on a DVD5 as well
smile.gif

The DRE's are down to 2 things , your Wii's laser calibration and/or your media...i am begining to think that Nintendo never intended on doing games on DL media because it seems that the Wii's laser is not calibrated for DL...

When Nintendo say ship your Wii back to us and we will "clean it" what they really mean is they are going to tweak the laser pots to make it read DL better

RGadelha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
gjac1 said:

smile.gif

The DRE's are down to 2 things , your Wii's laser calibration and/or your media...i am begining to think that Nintendo never intended on doing games on DL media because it seems that the Wii's laser is not calibrated for DL...

When Nintendo say ship your Wii back to us and we will "clean it" what they really mean is they are going to tweak the laser pots to make it read DL better
Thank you gjac1, I'll try this while I wait for the WiiKey team to fix the fw.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gjac1 said:
RGadelha said:
sekhu said:
just throwing this out there, but is it possible that the dump is bad? Seems almost everyone is having problems with the DVD9 version of the game, with green screen and black screen messages, crashs and the like. Though DVD5 versions which are striped of movies work fine.
Is there a receipe anywhere for how to rip the movies / whatever to get a DVD5 from the Wiizard iso?

smile.gif

Good theory! I've never had issues with my wii with reading decently burnt single layer discs. And so far, ssbb seems to be fine too. But if people start reporting what new values nintendo is setting, maybe i'll adjust mine as well

bluebright

Trophies
Website
www.portablespacemuseum.com
XP
Country
Ok, we'll, after all this tedious reading, I finally had a chance to burn a copy. Here we go:

I used this tutorial to prime my iso...actually, I can't find the link...but all it was is use trucher to empty the update, regionfrii it and thats all.

Then I burnt on a TDK DL+ disc @ 2.4x in Nero with NO custom layer break

I set my wii to 480i, Brawl for some spastic reason then runs in 480p. Oh, and NO problems. Runs perfectly, I don't even have that squirtle/mario water problem. It runs like the real thing. I hope that helps anyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow