Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinoby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey some mate figured out that the region code is changed in the mario galaxy. I just tried it and its right on Metroid prime and Zack &wiki on line 0004E010H is 80 0A 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 but on mario its 80 06 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80, so

Metroid prime= 80 0A
Mario = 80 06

What does it mean? oO

Mr_Grinch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you forgot:

d) buy the game

I was speaking purely on the idea of running this backup.

He's got a point though, all Wii owners should buy this and Zack and Wiki
smile.gif

Speaking on all this, I don't suppose anyone can confirm that the ORIGINAL disc will work on a modded pal wii? As I mentioned previously importing is important to me (especially if Brawl takes it's time getting to Europe)

kerojz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A lot of you seem a little quick to jump to conclusions.

I only posted that Super Mario Galaxy was working on my Wii and what kind of setup I had.

I never offered anybody anything but proof it indeed was, and I get called a liar because of that? I didn't offer to release anything anywhere, I'm not telling you to download anything, so I really don't see what reason anybody has for flaming me.

QUOTE said:
Make a video where you load gcos (showing you really have a d2a), then change discs, reset and load smg...

That's fine, shouldn't be a problem.

MeTRoD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Heh, I've been sitting here for the last hour reading all 43 pages.
I'm curious to see if someone actually comes up with a solution for this.
Oh, and by reading this thread, I have learned more about what the modchips actually do to the console.
Thanks guys!
wink.gif

I've already preordered this game, so I'm not going to download and burn it anyways.
I am waiting for Guitar Hero III to be released, though...
tongue.gif

stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Mr_Grinch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick point, I asked someone on another forum with an original (Kiosk) disc to try something. Booting the game with the original, hitting HOME and then swapping for a burnt copy, then pressing home again. Seems to work fine and he could play the game like that. So it seems the check is done only once and at boot.

Don't know if that's any help at all

Phange

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all....

1. Nintendo can't make this retroactive. All your old Wii backups and ALL GCN backups will still play.

2. Your Wii will always be able to play authentic games. Modchips like WiiKey aren't even activated unless a DVD-R is inserted into the Wii. There's no way Nintendo can scan for modchips if you're playing authentic games, because the modchip isn't activated.

3. The modding community won't take this sitting down. You never know, there may be some way to circumvent this sort of thing. Always remember the ever-vigilant PSP community, which bypassed the various "impervious" firmwares. For all we know, there may be a way to execute a GCN boot disc which re-activates Wii mode and executes any and all games. Who knows?

So, anyway, at the very least your Wii isn't toast. Heck, you can even leave your chip in the Wii and enjoy all the older titles if this is, indeed, the end of the old chip era. Whatever the case, buying games will still work.

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got this from an unknown source.

Burn Zack and Wiki. Boot it, wait until it goes to the title screen. Hit the home button, swap Galaxy in the disk tray. Press reset. Supposedely it doesn't check the ram again, so you can play Galaxy on any Wii via that method.

Unconfirmed though.

Dean333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why bother? Brawl will surely use the same CP method, and maybe even a newer method to take care of the d2ckey too
smile.gif

[/quote]

My thoughts exactly with the recent delay of Brawl and the recent release of D2CKey I have a feeling they will be doing the same thing to Brawl.

My concern is will the original disc work with no threat to mod chips.

Phange

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed something fishy about Zack and Wiki's execution in the Wii when you first put it in. I'll try the Zack and Wiki method, though I doubt it'll work.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Also due to the nature of wii games and their encryption the fix for this will NOT be coming in an iso patch. Im going to go out on a limb and say that any Galaxy patch you see is fake. The game is encrypted and we cant mess with its code.

Therefore the only solutions are as follows-
a) Wait for a firmware update for the current line of modchips.
b) Buy a D2C wii and a D2CKey.
c) Wait for a new modchip to come out for D2A and DMS wiis.

I like how everyone in this thread totally knows that the check isn't seperate in the partition table or part of the update check so there's noway to circumvent it.

People are really acting like they know their stuff technically which is why it surprises me that none of these posters are pointing specifically at the ISO's partition table.

I couldn't imagine people on an internets acting like they know it all. Owait...

Now hows about we post some pokemans resembling genitals while we wait for the 50th fake Ur Mr Gay patch.
CloysterKenSugimoriArt.png

nawz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All current modchips, with the exception of D2Ckey, write directly to the drive RAM. That is most likely the problem with this game. If that is the case, there will NOT be a patch that will fix it. It will require completely new chips and probably more wires.Â
frown.gif

I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge towards how modchips are designed and such, but wouldn't it be possible for those modchips to send false data back to whatever is triggering the ram check? If the modchip makes it seem like it is at the right ram level i think future games will work fine. The problem is, what is the right ram level and how would you be able to find it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work