Hardware [WiFi-Mod] Extended range antenna in switch.

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
PLEASE UPDATE THE TITLE TO: [WiFi MOD] Dual antenna WiFi(Speed + Range increase)

As the title explains this mod is self explanatory, I used a ACON WiFi antenna out of a Sony laptop and the images prove that it is now picking up more networks alongside more bars.

I guess I haven't posted in a long time but this should be a good mod return.

To make the antenna fit remove it from it's normal slot and put it above the heatsink part; at that point it'll have no issues with space arrangements.

EoizlglXMAA5XNb

UPDATE: I have now increased the speed from 40MBp/s to 60Mbp/s down; added another antennas because why not, here's some images.

nTz7ZDi.png

Last edited by TariqSoftDev,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you just replaced a different antenna by plugging a fitting connector?
or did you solder the old antenna cable to the new antenna instead?

that other stuff there is a trinket or something?

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Very cool mate, love this and love the fact you're sharing your projects with us.

I love reading about stuff like this....... really look forward to whatever you plan on doing next

Reactions: TariqSoftDev

Russian-Router

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I would just mount an antenna adapter. Then you have more choices. Even with through a Wi-Fi amplifier. To a high DB external Antenna. Heck. I know someone who bought a 3 watt WiFi amp. Just think the RX increase alone. Probably within a 1/4 mile. One could see another unit. PICTOCHAT etc too. Now if both units had just high DB antenna. The range be cool. Time to get another lite for extra mods.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work