OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Well today my wife and I went to take her first sonogram since she found out she was pregnant. They told her she is about 9 weeks now. anyways, we saw the sac, but no "white dot" or embryo. The doc even zoomed in, but nothing was there. It sucks, and I'm a little teary. doc says it could be that they are off by a few weeks. So basically we are left worried and we can do nothing but wait until her next appointment for another ultrasound. doc says we'd be surprised by how much difference a week or two could make...But I dunno. Bottom line is, it could go either way. If she's gonna have a miscarriage, all she can do is wait for it. If everything is fine, something will finally show up on the next ultrasound. And so we...wait. I can't sleep, this is too much for me. I'm probably taking it worse than she is, but she did cry after we left the doc's office. All i know is we both want that bundle of joy in our lives, we'd be first time parents, and I can't think of anything more exciting. Sorry people..I just wanted to get all this out to SOMEBODY.
frown.gif

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I hope everything turns out okay. Best wishes to you and your wife!
btw, if you want to keep us updated, GBAtemp has User Blogs for everyone.
smile.gif

klown07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Well thank you for the best wishes! I'm probably gonna be up for awhile, I got a lump in my throat lol....sigh. Yarrrr, I guess you could say I'm still teary. I'm sorry but can you please explain to me how the blog thing works? I'll click on the blog button, but is there anything I need to know?

Update:Well, I'll experiment and start a blog, it sounds fun. It might also help me keep my mind off this long enough to still smile. I'd be happy to keep you all informed if you're interested in reading^^ I guess I'll spend my time uploading some photos as well! thanks people
smile.gif

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
klown07 said:
Well thank you for the best wishes! I'm probably gonna be up for awhile, I got a lump in my throat lol....sigh. Yarrrr, I guess you could say I'm still teary. I'm sorry but can you please explain to me how the blog thing works? I'll click on the blog button, but is there anything I need to know?

Update:Well, I'll experiment and start a blog, it sounds fun. It might also help me keep my mind off this long enough to still smile. I'd be happy to keep you all informed if you're interested in reading^^ I guess I'll spend my time uploading some photos as well! thanks people
smile.gif

You'd be surprised how much better venting on a blog makes you! Basically, making a blog is just making a thread in the blog section, except you have extra powers such as the ability to lock your own thread, and people can keep up to date easier by checking out your official blog page and an RSS feed on your blog.

Anyway, I hope everything turns out ok for you and your wife! I'm sure it will be fine though
smile.gif

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to hear that your first ultrasound was disappointing, but try not to panic yet. It's quite likely that the cycles / dates are just off a little, which is one of the reasons most OB/GYNs recommend waiting longer than 9 weeks for the first ultrasound.

My wife is 9 months pregnant with our second youngling, so I can sympathize a bit. With this pregnancy, they had us severely panicked at one point about some test results, which in the end turned out to be nothing. We were both torn up for days, but most of that turned out to be our tendency to expect the worst news possible. It can be hard to stay calm in the face of such a monumentally important life event. The best thing you can do is be there for your wife, and try to stay positive.

If you don't have it yet, go get a book called "What To Expect When You're Expecting". It's a fantastic resource for first time parents, and will help reassure you during what will be a very confusing and difficult but wonderful time.

I sincerely hope all goes well for you and your wife, and there's always people around this community willing to listen.

Good luck.

budrow66

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It can be scary but take heart and think positive. It truly is amazing how much differance a week or 2 makes. My wife gets very sick when she is pregnant and has to see the doc once a week or more and our last ultrasound had just a spot. This week its starting to look like a child. My best to you and the Mrs. .

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hope everything turns out well with you. It's pretty stressful having a child on the way. My wife's due date is 2 weeks from today, and it's our second child. I'm pretty excited to see what we got (I don't believe in finding out the sex of the child before the delivery). My daughter wants a little brother, but I just want a healthy child. And I agree about the "Expecting. . ." book. Excellent resource for expectant parents.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interiors the download, goog ole AOL
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interiors the download...