Why doesn't Activision do an E3 conference?

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always found this puzzling, Activision is bigger than Bethesda and Ubisoft, yet they don't do a conference. You'd think with Blizzard being a part of them, that they could have at least some interesting things to show off every year. I know that no one is really dying to see new Call of Duty, but more info on the likes of Crash Bandicoot would certainly be welcome. Is there a reason they don't do a conference at E3? Did they used to and I'm just forgetting?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is activision as big as the other companies? No new tony hawk games, only call of duty, what the heck are we gonna see? 40 minutes of call of duty games with campaigns (NO ONE PLAYS) and multiplayer? :wtf:

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is activision as big as the other companies? No new tony hawk games, only call of duty, what the heck are we gonna see? 40 minutes of call of duty games with campaigns (NO ONE PLAYS) and multiplayer? :wtf:

Well they could do all sorts of announcements with Blizzard, Overwatch news, DOTA 2 news, maybe a preview at whatever Blizzard has next. Then there is the new Crash Bandicoot game. If they have any new Spyro game in development. While it isn't exciting to you or me, they certainly could show off the new Call of Duty. As a publisher, they of course have Destiny 2 to show off. If they have any new Guitar Hero related game they could show that off. Plus i have to imagine they have genuinely new games not related to any established franchises in development. In terms of 3rd party developers, Activision is actually the second most successful company behind EA, hence why I'm curious they don't do anything.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Well they could do all sorts of announcements with Blizzard, Overwatch news, DOTA 2 news, maybe a preview at whatever Blizzard has next. Then there is the new Crash Bandicoot game. If they have any new Spyro game in development. While it isn't exciting to you or me, they certainly could show off the new Call of Duty. As a publisher, they of course have Destiny 2 to show off. If they have any new Guitar Hero related game they could show that off. Plus i have to imagine they have genuinely new games not related to any established franchises in development. In terms of 3rd party developers, Activision is actually the second most successful company behind EA, hence why I'm curious they don't do anything.
Blizzard already has Blizzcon for that kind of thing so I'm not sure they need E3. Probably cheaper that way too.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They do have that Blizzcon thing for most of those you mentioned.
Edit. Beaten by the spy it seems, not for the first time either.

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well we know a new Halo is being worked on......Why didn't Microsoft tease it? Sure it prob won't be out for 2 more years minimum but they coulda teased it. Lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-