Hacking Why does Fire Emblem IF not work on Sky3DS?

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
yeah i guess it could just be a bad dump, or sky3ds messed up when generating the template, i still haven't seen any actual confirmation its definitely anti-piracy stuff........although as i mentioned before new AP stuff often appears on nintendo produced games before any others, so its possible, and if it is more and more games will probably be appearing using it in future, and it is the first game that requires 9.7 minimum so i guess it stands to reason it would have the most current AP protection applied to it

from 3dbrew

sounds like probable new AP to me
Not only the official template fails, but also the private header.
Not only the ROM fails, but also the self-dump.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Not only the official template fails, but also the private header.
Not only the ROM fails, but also the self-dump.
yeah almost certainly new AP then (although there is the part of the template that can only be generated by the sky3ds team, so still possible the just messed up their drm code generation, although iirc not having the correct sky3ds key in the template file just means the game doesn't show at all)

on that note though, it sounds like a botch job attempt of blocking sky3DS rather than a fully fledged nail in the coffin detection routine.....expect sky3DS green button edition soon

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
yeah almost certainly new AP then (although there is the part of the template that can only be generated by the sky3ds team, so still possible the just messed up their drm code generation, although iirc not having the correct sky3ds key in the template file just means the game doesn't show at all)

on that note though, it sounds like a botch job attempt of blocking sky3DS rather than a fully fledged nail in the coffin detection routine.....expect sky3DS green button edition soon
The worst part is they might actually do that. And all the Gateway/CFW users will laugh at everyone who said Sky was better, while the Sky users are buttmad they'll have to buy a new cart :lol:
If this really is AP and not some other problem, expect to see it in all the upcoming games. Possibly even in a 3DS firmware update, once they are sure it won't block any legit users.

kurodax

Trophies
XP
Country
The worst part is they might actually do that. And all the Gateway/CFW users will laugh at everyone who said Sky was better, while the Sky users are buttmad they'll have to buy a new cart :lol:
If this really is AP and not some other problem, expect to see it in all the upcoming games. Possibly even in a 3DS firmware update, once they are sure it won't block any legit users.

I will buy a new 3ds and gateway if sky3ds get blocked. I hate my N3ds xl anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Here lies the man getting probed to death by a gay fish