Why didnt Nintendo just sell the NES Classic themselves on eBay?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You literally just repeated what I said. Thank you for the confirmation.

LOL no i didn't; you said that what I explained wouldn't be illegal because its scalping, but its not the same as scalping when you're talking about the provider holding back tickets and then selling them for more on a service that isn't even their own.

Reactions: Deleted User

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
imagine them having a secret Ebay page where they sell their own units and games like earthbound for massive amounts like gamestop's secret ebay page.

D

Deleted User

Nintendo doesn't give a fuck about scalping, they git the money in the end and that's all they care about. They want to sell as many as they can and it would be retarded to sell them at a higher price. People could just sell them at lower and that way the scalpers would win. Did you even think about this before posting?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo doesn't give a fuck about scalping, they git the money in the end and that's all they care about. They want to sell as many as they can and it would be retarded to sell them at a higher price. People could just sell them at lower and that way the scalpers would win. Did you even think about this before posting?
Scalpers would buy them up to sell them off lower?!?

Did you think about what YOU said before posting?

D

Deleted User

Scalpers would buy them up to sell them off lower?!?
No, the people who bought them before it was limited stock who can just scalp them at a lower price.Since the "limited stock" on ebay would be 500$ Just saying, Nintendo selling them at a high price would be far from benefiting Nintendo. 60$ is probably the minimum a person would pay for just 30 NES Games in a box

Did you think about what YOU said before posting?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the people who bought them before it was limited stock who can just scalp them at a lower price.Since the "limited stock" on ebay would be 500$ Just saying, Nintendo selling them at a high price would be far from benefiting Nintendo. 60$ is probably the minimum a person would pay for just 30 NES Games in a box
I dont think you understand how scalping works if you think people buy up goods for a high price to sell lower benefits them financially.

Please stop posting and think about what you are saying.

orcid

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
It would definitely be illegal for Ticketmaster to hold aside their own tickets and then scalp them for a higher price on a site like ebay. If they were on sale, bought by others, and those people sold them on ebay at a higher price, that would be a different situation, and may not be illegal depending on where you live.
Here many football clubs offer to be a member of the club for e.g. 100 € a year and you can buy tickets earlier. This is their legal way of scalping. Maybe amazon will do something similar in the future and they sell limited articles only to prime members

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here many football clubs offer to be a member of the club for e.g. 100 € a year and you can buy tickets earlier. This is their legal way of scalping. Maybe amazon will do something similar in the future and they sell limited articles only to prime members

Yeah, I've seen that kind of thing before. Essentially a presale for people that are members of their club or whatever. I think that's fair, you're already (likely) paying to be a member of the club anyway, so they offer you, a valued customer access to their products earlier than the general public.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Don't walk towards the light!