You've been there? Is it a fun place?
F is for friends who do stuff together
U is for you and me
N is for anywhere and anytime at all

Down here in the deep blue sea!
well, here in quebec, prisonners get better life condition than our elders

D

Deleted User

I only just realised that I want to be a linguist around 2, maybe 3 years ago. Before that I wanted to be an artist.
Teaching a kid from the age of 6 or 7 about art seems fairly easy. Teaching a kid about linguistics at that age? Not even sure how that'd work. I mean, in Kindergarten kids get taught super basic stuff about grammar I guess, but I wouldn't consider that to be teaching a kid about linguistics.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Why can't we all decide from an early age, and go on from there?

Why can't we just keep with the stuff that we know is ultimately good for us?
Because I wouldn't trust a kid of that age to decide what they want for dinner, let alone what they want to do for the rest of their lives. Very very very few people know what they want to "be when they grow up", and fewer still actually go through with it. Even college students change their minds half way through, let alone school kids. And what happens when said school kid decides their dream occupation isn't such a dream a few years down the line, and that they would rather be doing anything else? Or, more likely, that they are horribly incompetent at what they wanted to do? Take six years of remedial classes to catch up to something else, or flunk out and have zero education?

D

Deleted User

Because I wouldn't trust a kid of that age to decide what they want for dinner, let alone what they want to do for the rest of their lives. Very very very few people know what they want to "be when they grow up", and fewer still actually go through with it. Even college students change their minds half way through, let alone school kids. And what happens when said school kid decides their dream occupation isn't such a dream a few years down the line, and that they would rather be doing anything else? Or, more likely, that they are horribly incompetent at what they wanted to do? Take six years of remedial classes to catch up to something else, or flunk out and have zero education?
Dude I'm 15 and even I hardly ever know what I want for dinner.

Reactions: vinstage

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-