Gaming Why are DS European covers with different colours' stripes?

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
This is such an idiotic thing to have on their cover spines it breaks the consistency, if you have a green and then one with purple/red or what have you. It also happens to be on 3DS, NGC, Wii and Wii U game covers too.

The Americans have the better of it, i.e, no colour difference on their spines

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
To expand on Pingouin7's response:
Wikipedia said:
The boxes of Nintendo games (NES, Game Boy, Nintendo 64, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo DS, Wii and Nintendo 3DS) from PAL territories all have a small coloured triangle on their spines, but in each territory it's a different colour (to show the region that copy of the game came from). Some common ones are: Green = UK, Pink = Spain, Red = France, Light Blue = Italy, Dark Blue = Germany, Brown = Australia. There are 49 different colours. As well as geographic region it also has to do with the language of the box art and booklets; though PAL region Nintendo games are made in Germany, the triangles show the region that the game is shipped to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_packaging#Box_art

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
That's really a shame that Nintendo still uses this coloured-system thingy because it'd be for the better that it wouldn't use it, heck, PlayStation and Xbox games don't have this silly thing on their covers.

And it ain't like I can pretend it's not there 'cause when I'd look at the shelf that'd be the odd one (purple, yellow, red) from the rest (green).

Darn tootin' Nintendo!

GloversFan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
603181183.jpg
1686077-3dshw11908.jpg

What annoys me is this, the 3ds, bottom half colour looks nice, top half looks silly,

3ds xl, top half and bottom half in red or blue look nice, but the inside is black and looks standard.

Why colour the outside when that's the side you only see when you ain't playing,

Similar thing with those blue and black ds lites,

Why not just have one colour all over ?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What annoys me is this, the 3ds, bottom half colour looks nice, top half looks silly,

3ds xl, top half and bottom half in red or blue look nice, but the inside is black and looks standard.

Why colour the outside when that's the side you only see when you ain't playing,

Similar thing with those blue and black ds lites,

Why not just have one colour all over ?
Because having black around the screen helps you focus on the screen. Also, if the whole top part was black it would look weird when closed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o