Gaming Whoever green lit Yoshi's Island DS must have been smoking something...

Nemix77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been playing Yoshi's Island DS lately, I loved the SNES original (which I got a few months after launch) but this game is not like the original SNES game.

This game is borderline unfair, do these developers even test and completely play through their own games?

I mean the scrolling levels just become annoying because there's too many of them, some of the red coins/flowers are below the screen (like in pits aka Donkey Kong Country style) which was never the case in the original game.

I had to use a guide for some levels to get 100% compared to the original which I 100% without any guides or frustration.

On top of all that, there are levels in which you have to go back and forth switching babies in order to get to certain places for red coins/flowers, this is just bad level design.

Overall it's still a good game but the frustration builds up in order 100% this game, the really forces players to make bad decisions because of the bad level designs and does not reward skill.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing Yoshi's Island DS lately, I loved the SNES original (which I got a few months after launch) but this game is not like the original SNES game.

This game is borderline unfair, do these developers even test and completely play through their own games?

I mean the scrolling levels just become annoying because there's too many of them, some of the red coins/flowers are below the screen (like in pits aka Donkey Kong Country style) which was never the case in the original game.

I had to use a guide for some levels to get 100% compared to the original which I 100% without any guides or frustration.

On top of all that, there are levels in which you have to go back and forth switching babies in order to get to certain places for red coins/flowers, this is just bad level design.

Overall it's still a good game but the frustration builds up in order 100% this game, the really forces players to make bad decisions because of the bad level designs and does not reward skill.

lol...I feel the same way about the game. I got to the final stage, and it is a major cheater.

Reactions: Nemix77

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's on the wii u, I believe. I bought the game a long time ago. if you want, you can check out my save if it's still there. I'm playing nsmb wii atm though, but I could open saviine if you want.

Nemix77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And to think this game was released on a kid friendly handheld too...not even Donkey Country (the whole series) gave me such frustration trying 100% levels.

At the very least the DKC series rewards skilled players and you feel an accomplishment after you 100% tough but not unfair levels.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try this out. I just dumped it: http://www.mediafire.com/file/27g4ho9iaxkf9q9/00050000-10198900.zip/file

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

backup your save first. then, just transfer over the conf and the save or just the save file, not state or it will revert back. it will also revert back if you keep the state on your system. it's just save states, so delete it after backing it up.

Reactions: Nemix77

Nemix77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on World 5, I've 100% all levels from the first 4 Worlds except for the extra levels in each world.

I mean serious talk, Super Mario 3D World was tough to 100% but it never felt unfair or I never felt cheated.

Last edited by Nemix77,
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that's the last world. I'm at the final stage. I haven't 100%'d anything probably.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm on World 5, I've 100% all levels from the first 4 Worlds except for the extra levels in each world.

I mean serious talk, Super Mario 3D World was tough to 100% but it never felt unfair or I never felt cheated.

I cannot beat champion's road. the game is fairly easy beyond that. it's probably easier for me to get the green stars than even nsmb u.

you're right, the difficulty in yoshi's island ds is unfair. the last stage is a doozy for sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1