Who here listens to Videogame Music?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
in parenthesis are only few exemple of their works, not limited to what I listen from them, as most of them compose for Anime too.

Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy, Black Mage, Phantasmagoria)
Motoi Sakuraba (Star ocean, Valkyrie Profile, some other works)
Koji Kondo (you know him)
Yoko Kanno (though she's mostly working for anime, but did some game's music)
Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono, Xeno, Shadow heart, Sailing to the world)
Michiru Ōshima (ICO, Zelda twilight princess)
Michiru Yamane (Castlevania)
Yuzo Koshiro (Ys, Actraiser, Castlevania)
Yoko Shimomura (Kingdom Hearts, Seiken densetsu, some Mario games)
Yuki Kajiura (Xeno)

Those are the commons, but I listen to many other OST with less known artists too.
I tend to prefer to re-orchestrated versions.

I also listen to anime music.
In fact I only listen to OST, nothing else.

Overman1977

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Zelda a Link to the Past is one of the soundtracks that I listen to every now and then. I also enjoy the soundtrack to Hook made for the SNES. The others are for PC games..Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 and the original Icewind Dale soundtracks are exquisite.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I listen to a lot.
Right now in have FFXIII (I should delete it, I only listen to one song in it >:), Bayonetta, Super Mario Galaxy, Sonic Adventure 2, Phantasy Star Online and Cave Story.
I mainly listen to Videogame OST's on YouTube rather than download them.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Satangel said:
Never saw the use of and fun of this. I'll maybe try it with SMG because I remember SMG had some truly epic music.
There's no "use" nor fun, if you don't find which music genre you like.

I like classical and orchestrated music (I played violin for 5 years, and played 1 year on a philharmonic orchestra).
Having some video game music re-orchastrated is for me the "fun" you talk about. listening to music, being video game or not, is the same it's musical enjoyment that you have to find.
it just happen that I don't like "real" classical (mozart, bethov, etc.) but I prefer musical compositions from the current era, and video games and movies fit it best.

If you don't like that genre, it's normal you don't like video game's music too. everyone his own taste
smile.gif

For example, I like "Orchestral Game Concert" which are 5 CD of re-orchestrated game music played from the tokyo philharmonic.

I like watching it being played in the orchestra too, like this set of music from Final Fantasy : Tour de Japon (the title is in Fraponais ! like engrish but with bad french from japanese people lol).
Though, youtube is a little de-synch from video/audio, it's detectable with the conductor's order.
A western guy is making himself pleased playing with uematsu's orchestra
tongue.gif

D

Deleted_171835

Some Sonic music and FinalFantasy music.
I sometimes listen to music from Super Mario Galaxy.

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have Dissidia, FFVI OST, FFVI Grand Finale, FFVI Piano Collections, Distant Worlds, EarthBound OST, Tales of Symphonia, Touhou Violin Rock, Ronald Mcdonald Insanity
smileipb2.png
, some random SSBB music, other FF OST and more FF remixes on my iPod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Used it as a web cam for a day for fun, sooo shitty it was hilarious