Gaming Who else thinks 3DS should've waited till May?

Should the 3DS have been released in May?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
I personally find it crappy that half of the stuff built into the 3DS "Will be enabled in a future update".
Wasn't the DSi the same way? We had to wait a while for the web browser to be added as well as the shop if I recall. And what about how when they added the Wii web browser and they released it half done for free, then released a full version much later? In a day and age where you don't need to have the full finished work they are aiming to give the people what they want (the new system) as soon as it's ready, and leaving the fluff (cause that's all a web browser and e-shop are) till later. And waiting till May wouldn't have changed anything, Nintendo would have just waited till July for their big name games cause as has been said, Nintendo is holding them back to give the third parties a better start. Cause everyone knows if you had the choice of Mario/Zelda or SSF IV 3D or Pilotwings everyone would be all over Mario/Zelda. The launch lineup could have been (much MUCH) better, but I'm happy with what I got (the aforementioned SSF/Pilotwings), with being able to carry the title "Early Adopter", and knowing that when the time comes I'll be fully ready for the awesome games.

You don't get desert before supper.
wink.gif

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Donald Serrot said:
DeadlyFoez said:
I personally find it crappy that half of the stuff built into the 3DS "Will be enabled in a future update".
Wasn't the DSi the same way? We had to wait a while for the web browser to be added as well as the shop if I recall. And what about how when they added the Wii web browser and they released it half done for free, then released a full version much later...
Correct. The Wii was like that too. No news, weather, internet channel - there was pretty much bugger all to start with.
Patience, Grasshopper.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
sdoc96 said:
Donald Serrot said:
DeadlyFoez said:
Wasn't the DSi the same way? We had to wait a while for the web browser to be added as well as the shop if I recall. And what about how when they added the Wii web browser and they released it half done for free, then released a full version much later...
Correct. The Wii was like that too. No news, weather, internet channel - there was pretty much bugger all to start with.
Patience, Grasshopper.

You know, I'd like to have news and weather access on my 3DS too, not just internet (unless the browser works well enough with most websites so you can bookmark your favorite news/weather sites).

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
darkreaperofdreams said:
who else thinks people shouldn't have bought the 3DS on launch because the release games were announced even before it came out and now they're whining about it?
+1

People who are annoyed that there aren't enough good games yet or that not all of the features are available yet should have just waited and bought it when those things became available. It was public knowledge that they weren't going to be available at launch.
No reason to deny the rest of us access to the console simply because you want a certain game or feature to be available when you buy it.

epicCreations.or

Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
You kiddin' me? The March release will make it easier to fix the crap we're dealing with by May. If it was released in May, you'd have what we have now, but instead of getting hardware failure for SSIV, you'd get it for LoZ.

Also, circle pad AMIRITE. I prefer the Circle Pad for all my games now. That and the control pad for the 3DS is lower quality than the DS >_

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Today is the first time i had to turn off my 3ds. its always been in sleep and put on the dock before it died but today, i was playing pkmn and the light started blinking. it felt so unnatural to turn it off.

i think its good they released it early. It allows the virus to spread so that by june, millions more people will that the 3ds. with out us unpaid advertisors, lots of people would not buy it.

and i dont mind some missing features if it means i get the games early.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like the position of the power button as well. I mistakened it for the start button sometimes. It made me ragequit in SSF4.. :

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
sdoc96 said:
Donald Serrot said:
DeadlyFoez said:
Patience, Grasshopper.

You know, I'd like to have news and weather access on my 3DS too, not just internet (unless the browser works well enough with most websites so you can bookmark your favorite news/weather sites).
Here's the way I look at it. Say you go and buy a brand new car that just got released. Should you have to wait another month before they put in a stereo, carpeting, rear seats, or windshield wipers? No!!! They should not release it until it is complete with the current imagined feature set. Thats just my opinion.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
Here's the way I look at it. Say you go and buy a brand new car that just got released. Should you have to wait another month before they put in a stereo, carpeting, rear seats, or windshield wipers? No!!! They should not release it until it is complete with the current imagined feature set. Thats just my opinion.
At least you'd still be able to drive to work easily and not have to walk or catch public transport.
As long as the features turn up in the end I think it's better to have something until then rather than having nothing at all.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
DiscostewSM said:
sdoc96 said:
Donald Serrot said:
DeadlyFoez said:
Patience, Grasshopper.

Actually, if the car was advertised to have that stuff later, and you ignore that fact with expecting them at release, then it's not the dealership's fault for not providing them.

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, just buy it in May.

I've had over 25 hours in play between Street fighter & Nintendogs. Launch has always been slow, have you seen DS launch? Wii? One good title a piece.

The games will pour in, give it time.

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
I am really please that the system is out. I enjoy it very much and SSF43DE is really great. Online play and streetpass add a lot of replay value for ME. Now I know that I couldn't wait another 2 months just for your impattience.

Pip'

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
Actually, if the car was advertised to have that stuff later, and you ignore that fact with expecting them at release, then it's not the dealership's fault for not providing them.
Was the 3DS advertised to have black screen bugs and lack of full system functionality? I didn't see any ads promoting those features.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
It depends on how you look at it.

Having the games in mind, no, it being launched in May wouldn't have been such a difference. The launch titles probably would've been the same ones. The wait for other titles would just have been shorter.

Feature wise, maybe. I don't know if the applications update on May is because they are preparing them or just a way to make people upgrade their systems, thus upgrading AP measures. So, I don't know.

Then system wise, yes. Fuck yes. I'm pretty glad I'm not getting mine from this early batch of 3DSes. Black screens, wobbling and other bug reports are worrying. I hope they fix this with later shipments. If not, I hope I get lucky.

So, the main reason why it should've been released later is the fuckups on the system itself.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But they're not looking at it from your perspective. they're looking at it from a business perspective. You still bought the console in the end didn't you. And you're damn sure as hell gonna buy the games when they come out, which will be whenever the heck they want.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
It depends on how you look at it.

Having the games in mind, no, it being launched in May wouldn't have been such a difference. The launch titles probably would've been the same ones. The wait for other titles would just have been shorter.

Feature wise, maybe. I don't know if the applications update on May is because they are preparing them or just a way to make people upgrade their systems, thus upgrading AP measures. So, I don't know.

Then system wise, yes. Fuck yes. I'm pretty glad I'm not getting mine from this early batch of 3DSes. Black screens, wobbling and other bug reports are worrying. I hope they fix this with later shipments. If not, I hope I get lucky.

So, the main reason why it should've been released later is the fuckups on the system itself.

QUOTE(TheDarkSeed @ Apr 5 2011, 02:08 PM) But they're not looking at it from your perspective. they're looking at it from a business perspective. You still bought the console in the end didn't you. And you're damn sure as hell gonna buy the games when they come out, which will be whenever the heck they want.
Nope. It is being returned. So in the end they did not get to keep my money and instead they are getting a broken console returned to them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o