Hacking Whitelister problem on PS TV

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Antiblack List v1.1 to install v1 and v2, first you have to use "vita rw" to allow writing files where it normally doesn't, after you install both v1 and v2 from the program, power off the vita from the main menu's option (live area option), then while the unit is powered off take out your memory card, then power on, then power back off and reinsert your memory card for the vita, it will refresh the database and add the edited files for normal use) (dlc works, updates works, so far everything works ........... I did have a problem when in reinstalled henkaku, "Field Runners 2" would ask for update, so spoofed the firmware to 3.57 then reinstalled "3.60 from Trails 2 for Vita Cartridge", then ran henkaku again and then reinstalled the white list patches.........lost all my bubbles, but the data was still on the usb stick, so I just transfered the application folders from "app" back to the "mai dump" folder and reinstalled that way, very easy. "Field Runners 2" was the only game I encountered so far, that requires you to be online after it is dumped, or you keep getting the connect to internet message, and game won't start............Guacamelee wouldn't install by just moving the game folder from "app" to mai dump to reinstall, because the 1.04 update that mai dump doesn't install had to be copy pasted over, anyway)

(Googled the name of the game, don't care for it, but people appear to claim that its works just fine on henkaku?)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
enabling vita rw is only needed if changing the whitelist v1 in the vs0 partition. normally, u change it in ur0 which doesn't require vita rw. whitelist v2 uses the app.db which is also in ur0. that's the one that can affect dlc.

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Didn't know, but I always viewed the database as a "protected" partition, thus "Vita RW", given the claims of people for the Antiblack List v1.1 not working, since those claims are not true). Also just to be clear, "Vita RW" is required to remove the "Featured Page", maybe a few other things, its the annoying blue page that is always opened and shows some previews of PSN Games)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the reason for two locations is that ur0 has read and write access, and vs0 only has read access which can be fixed with vita rw. :) vita rw is only needed for partitions that have read access only such as os0 and vs0.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol