Hardware WHITE 3DS

nbvcxy206

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jathran and others who have problems getting screen protectors to apply perfect without bubbles.

You know what the trick is and it works 100% of the time? It's water. Take the screen protector and wet it completely on the side that is going to go on the screen. It doesn't matter if you get it on the other side so don't worry if you do. You don't need to dry it if it does get wet. So.....Once the screen protector is all wet shake it one time. Then go to your device (DS or whatever it does not matter) and put the screen protector down being careful to keep it centered. Now just use a credit card or something completely similar and cut in about half long ways which is horizontal (cutting the credit card in about half is what you do with the DS/DSi/3DS but if your applying a screen protector on an iPhone you wouldn't need to cut the credit card as there are no borders around the screen to get in the way of the credit cards movement.) OK, now the screen protector is centered on your device (DS) and you'll see a little bit of water under it, which is wonderful :D At this point make sure to have something like a microfiber cloth to dry up the water you are going to remove from under the screen protector. Microfiber is great ;) My suggestion is to buy one if you don't have one and their cheap. To get the water out from under the screen protector and to essentially apply the screen protector perfectly (that means no bubbles!) just start at the middle of the screen (for each direction that means top/bottom/right/left) and drag the credit card's edge soomthly to the screens edge (use the credit card's smooth edge, not the edge that you cut!) It's so simple B-) Dry the water you remove after you move the credit card to the screens edge in each direction. Don't worry your instinct will kick in with this step as well as some of the others. Now take a look at your handiwork as your screen protector has been applied perfectly. I've done it this way multiple times and it comes out perfect EVERY time. This will save your 3DS screens or other device screens from scratches. Also, it might be a good idea to use some thin foam double sided tape on the screen bumpers that are located on both sides of the 3DS top screen (on the edges, it's black). Just pry it up as it's glued. Cut a piece of the double sided foam tape to the exact shape of the bumper and then stick it where you just pulled the bumper from or apply it to the bottom of the bumper if you want and apply the bumper back from where you got it. It works well and it's quite fast as well as easy to do. :D

Well, interesting... But let me ask you a question. What about hairs, dust, dirt, fingerprints etc. ? Take your console and let the sun directly shine into the display - is it perfectly clear beneath the protection foil ?

I put on and destroyed lots of foils the last year, which was extremely exhausting and expensive. My experience is, if you get bubbles there are just two possible reasons for it:

1 - Bad foil quality
2 - Dust, dirt, hairs or other particles

Worst quality is extremely adhesive, you can´t prevent bubbles (and other impairments) but you can drive them out and the foil will probably flatten itself after some days or even weeks.
Best quality will barely show bubbles - if the surfaces are perfectly free from any particles. And if there are bubbles (without particles), you will be able to drive them out
in minutes completely, very easily.

About the topic in general:
Yes, it is a shame the touch screen and even anything else gets scratches. If you want to keep your Nintendo fresh, you need to use foils.
Very strange : I am using foils getting no scratches at all. ... why can others produce such foils but Nintendo is not able to make their screens
scratch resistant in the same way ? The answer might be: it´s intentional. Just to make sure people might want to buy a new one....
But well .... :) Just another "conspiracy theory" ... true ?

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm planning on getting a silicone protective sleeve for my 3DS. The sleeve wraps around the corners of the screen just a little bit and puts more room between the two screens.

Link

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm planning on getting a silicone protective sleeve for my 3DS. The sleeve wraps around the corners of the screen just a little bit and puts more room between the two screens.

Link
Just one problem with that.
3ds_slide_pad2-300x168.jpg

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
Just one problem with that.
3ds_slide_pad2-300x168.jpg
"Problem" solved.
hardware_black.png

Link

Looks pretty good actually.
It should be perfect.
Unreasonable flawed reasoning.
Should be perfect. :tpi:

Fair comment lol.
OK
it should not cause scratching of the top screen while keeping it in your pocket.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wow, i thought it was smaller for real
sorry my bad.

to prevent the 3ds srcratching it self, i use a sleeve of cloth that i got from the hori screen protector and put it in the lower screen when i close my 3ds.
it help a lot.
I've been doing the same thing myself :)

Link
the HORI silicone protectors are nice in keeping the system from gettting all fingerprinty as well

saberjoy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
actually i've read somewhere else about this problem and according to a few people this problem has been fixed in every "current" 3ds console, the in built bumpers have been raised, im not 100% sure but ill confirm it when i get my 3ds this december

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I wouldn't call it scratching. Mine isn't scratched, but the plastic around the touchscreen and the circle pad both leave horrible smudge marks on the 3DS screen which are a pain to remove because that thing is a fingerprint magnet (the black part, at least), and it's slightly resistive (most likely because of the parallax barrier).

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the HORI silicone protectors are nice in keeping the system from gettting all fingerprinty as well
Dude, I know. Fingerprints drive me crazy x( I love design of the DSi. Why couldn't they make the 3DS more like that? I've had it for years and it still looks new (I even bought it used). No scratches, no fingerprints, and I don't have any protective case for it.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering... Do you use distilled water or regular water do the trick ? (I'm wondering because of the minerals in regular water)

I'm sorry. I haven't visited this thread and you didn't quote me where as I get an email. But the answer to your question is standard drinking water.

philip11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I am hoping somebody knows the answer to this:

Did nintendo fix the screen scratching problem on the new White 3DS?

I know the red one scratches itself still so I was hoping that they addressed the issue and fixed it for the white one as I like it and want to buy it but do not want to pay if it will damage itself like the others.

Ever heard of protector screens?
As much as you may dislike it, It's Screen protector Protector screens sound like screen door to protect you from something not to protect a item from something

GoodBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As it is seen on the video below unfortunatly ice white 3DS still suffers from bottom screen scratching the top one :/ Just watch it carefully 1:45 it is easily noticable....

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
As it is seen on the video below unfortunatly ice white 3DS still suffers from bottom screen scratching the top one :/ Just watch it carefully 1:45 it is easily noticable....

...and it only took 33 posts for someone to finally answer the question that was originally asked by the OP.

Side note: thanks, this thread made me look at my own 3DS. After thoroughly cleaning the top screen, I can see two very thin vertical scratches at the bottom left and bottom right, each one is about 5mm long. I bought mine from GAME here in the UK, they offer 12 months warranty replacement on faulty hardware so I'm going to see if I can get a new one along with some screen protectors.

saberjoy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
actually i've read somewhere else about this problem and according to a few people this problem has been fixed in every "current" 3ds console, the in built bumpers have been raised, im not 100% sure but ill confirm it when i get my 3ds this december
i completely forgot about this thread and now i would like to share my info which i promised,
EVEN my 3ds's screen scratches itself, i have applied screen protecs now

Themanhunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I suck at screen protectors too but it's worth it. Im a perfectionist, believe it or not, and I make sure there are NO bubbles at all...which I managed but took 6 attempts.

They're dirt cheap so just go for it.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's quite odd how some people seem to have this problem, while others don't. Got my 3DS shortly after launch, and I'm not having any problems with screen scratches. I'm not even using a screen protector.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf