Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
I believe the second question means: "What one is the fastest from the ones you use?"
Possibly, although that's not really implied. Also, with "other" still in the mix, it's not a question just about which of the four named ones is the fastest.

HBK said:
As for extensions, Chrome nearly has them all
Source? Still missing around 3000 (including several of the plugins atleast I use in FF), last time I checked. ~75% isn't really particularly near.

It is however true that extensions are not nearly as big a problem as it was previously, and that Chrome soon will have more than Firefox at this rate.

QUOTE(HBK @ Jan 25 2011, 07:09 PM)
And that (practically) nobody uses anymore.
The decline you are implying never really occurred. Graphical interfaces came before web browsers and thus the first web browsers were graphical. Text-based web browsers have actually (practically) never really been used by anybody.

Which doesn't actually change the fact that it is ridiculously easy to understand that they are generally a lot faster. A basket with a few apples simple weighs less than one with many (unless the fewer apples are as bloated as a bloated application), regardless of which basket has the shinier apples.

And text-based browsers are just the most clear example. Any of the plethora of lightweight browsers that don't offer anything besides a URL field and maybe tabs (everyone and their mother seems to have made such a browser if you look around, and there are relatively popular ones) will be faster than any of the feature-rich popular web browsers unless they are extremely poorly coded.

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
Chrome is the best for me so far.

The only thing that would make it even better would be a sort of integrated download manager, basically what DownThemAll is for Firefox.

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DigitalDeviant said:
EJames2100 said:
Chrome is the best for me so far.

The only thing that would make it even better would be a sort of integrated download manager, basically what DownThemAll is for Firefox.

thats what jdownloader if for, IMO.
Except apart from jdownloader being extremely bloaty, the usage areas aren't the same.

As the name implies, DownThemAll can amongst other things be used to download all items (filtered to only certain items if so desired) on a page, with only one click.

This is an example of a good add-on that Chrome can't have because of the limitations in its extension system.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Depends where I am

Usually it's Firefox, however in Work, depending on which computer I use on the factory floor I would use either Firefox,Chrome or Opera... & occasionally I have to use IE for those certain sites that don't conform to the 'proper' Web standards (i.e those that insist you NEED IE)

ecko

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i'm either using firefox or opera.
where opera is the fastest to start up( but could be due to the amount of plugins in FF)

ineap09

Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
I use FF about 90% of the time 'cause of the extensions.

I also use Chrome sometimes for the sweet incognito guy on the top left.
smileipb2.png

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I feel that whoever voted IE as "fastest" browser should get thwacked upside the head.

Anywho, I use FF because I just think it's awesome (if a lil slow). I've got Chrome too if needed (some security sites don't work in FF for some reason), and IE as a kind of "fallback" option... I avoid it like the plague, but some sites will only work with IE. Top addon (imo) is Ad-Block Plus.

On Android I use Dolphin HD. I've got Skyfire too, but I like the feel of Dolphin. The default browser is ok too, but zooming sometimes doesn't work like I want it to.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Firefox for it's many add-ons, personas and a fast browsing experience.
What i don't like about it is it's slow boot time.
The new IE Beta is great but isn't very stable, that would be why it's still in BETA though, lol.
Google Chrome is the a very stable browser.
Opera is very good for slow computers.

I use Firefox, i love it.
Oh and one more, Google chrome has it's own OS
tongue.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You can beta test Chrome OS in the US I believe. (You get a free Google Chrome Notebook with it).

I took the test to see if I would have gotten a chance, but my score wasn't good enough...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: @SylverReZ Thus the term "Getting your My rocks off" Apply :D