Retro Games and Consoles!

Which retro console do you think age the best?

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
For me its the SNES by a mile. like the graphics are called indie today by kids which has its advantages when say compared say the N64. Some games have good story telling even by todays standards maybe even better then today. I like the whole package of what SNES offers. plus loads of fun games.

Which retro console do you think aged the best? this isnt about what gives you the most nostalgia. that would be the gameboy or megadrive for me.

Reactions: Quore and Xzi

Moorshou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me it's been the music, and the console of my choice is the Gamecube, It's what I grew up with naturally,
My father had the PS2 though so I've got some nostalgia for it too! :)
Dark cloud mainly, but I want to experience all the good gems of each console! EVER!

Reactions: mfdez920 and Flame

Coloured

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say the Wii (I know, I'm so unoriginal.), but the console to me has some great motion controls. They don't feel finicky and it isn't absurdly overpriced (MICROSOFT.) Also, Wii sports resort.

KeeperCP1

"What, why, where, who?" is my middle name
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The SNK Neo Geo lasted a LOT of years, both AES (home) and MVS (arcade). It's obvious it aged the best

MochaMods

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
This might not fit into the question, but I think 6th gen turned out to be great because of all the options they have for consoles prior. Like the Gamecube having the GBA player (although good luck finding one) is brilliant, same can also be said tho to the SNES and its Gameboy player.

Reactions: Flame

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I still emulate SNES games on my phone.

for me a long time if i couldnt emulate SNES on that device good, i wouldnt have not brought it. now even a toaster can emulate SNES now.

shame we dont get SNES style games any more.

Coloured

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SNES would be my first choice, but Gamecube would be a close second, given how big a leap it took from the N64. I still don't understand how Nintendo made Smash Bros Melee look as good as it does.
I can see the SNES, it can run any 2D title you want and still look gorgeous.

Reactions: Xzi

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't put a lot of thought into how things age. If it's fun, it's fun. There are timeless games on every platform, and stinkers on every platform, too. Just a matter of finding what you enjoy in the sea of mid or bad titles. :rofl:

NismoSpec2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me its the SNES by a mile. like the graphics are called indie today by kids which has its advantages when say compared say the N64. Some games have good story telling even by todays standards maybe even better then today. I like the whole package of what SNES offers. plus loads of fun games.

Which retro console do you think aged the best? this isnt about what gives you the most nostalgia. that would be the gameboy or megadrive for me.
I honestly think Xbox 360 or like PS2 as there are many great games (well.... great racing games lol)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: