Hardware Which is more desirable: ambassador model or 4.5 firmware?

splinters

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Reason I ask is because i received what appears to be a 2011 3ds and its running 4.5.0 firmware. There is a good chance the last owner went online in time to qualify for the ambassador status but in order to check I have to update the firmware.
I already have a 3DS XL so will be selling this on, i would not change the asking price regardless but which is harder to find or better to have as once updated (ambassador titles or not) it cant be rolled back.
I dont run any homebrew or backups so this firmware is of no interest to me and I have an ambassador XL but wondered which would be of greater interest to potential buyers.

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you're not interesting in backups then there's no point in keeping it at 4.5
But (speaking for myself) 4.5>ambassador since I can emulate all the ambassador titles already.
So I'd say keep it at 4.5 if you're going to resell it.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Considering the average joe doesn't care about 4.5, homebrew, piracy or whatever I'd say having the ambassador games makes more people potentially interested in it. As this is a hacking forum you may get a skewed view of just how many people would be interested in a 4.5 3DS.

splinters

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers guys, there is no guarantee that it was ever online to be eligible but its certainly old enough. Sadly nintendo took down the serial checking tool so i will never know unless I update at which point...well, you get the idea.

splinters

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good advice, anyone getting it wants to update in the future 'might' get a bonus in the form of 20 free games..but may not. It is however, guaranteed to be running 4.5.0. :-)

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
choose both options. Install gateway and make a backup of your nand. Then update and enjoy your embassador status. If you want you can pay to someone flash your 4.5 backup nand when you want to sell it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: