Hardware Which Graphic Experience is Better 3DS or PS Vita?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm.. i think the comparison can be compare to the PSP and NDS.... the PSP has more superior power but the NDS Still wins the round....
Ummm...in 2012 when 6 years later after the DS's and PSP's time has officially ended, surprisingly the PSP is still getting some support in Japan but I don't see alot of NDS games anymore although this is only based off Japanese iso release sites my point still stands.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If this now 3DS vs PSV. I'll be a tiresome prick and say I much rather have a PSV than a 3DS at this moment in time. Lumines and Uncharted appeal to me much more than what is presently available in the 3DS library.

gshock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Nintendo 3DS is a novel experience because it uses a different display technology then other handhelds/consoles to date. It's an innovation, like Wii's motion-oriented controller and attachments, which was a great move.

PS Vita offers standard technology the same as predessessors but with cutting edge specifications.

To me that translates to roughly: Sony's console will let me play the games I've always played, shovelware or masterpiece, at higher definitions and resolutions then before. Nintendo's console offers me a slightly different way to play games that I haven't tried before.

3ds might change the way I think about games or how I play them -- if the features get fully exploited. In the case of the Vita maybe it's better for HD movies and music.

I own most of the Nintendo and Sony consoles/handhelds to date so not picking sides but that's my opinion.

I think the one that will be more successful in the long run is the one that has the better software/games developed for it, which doesn't depend on either Nintendo or Sony alone.

we can't talk about video games ignoring the games
Ah but we weren't we were talking about the games, we were talking about the console.
Well, the "graphics experience" for each system does depend on the games made for it.

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well... the "graphics experience" for each does depend on the games made for it.
No. It's the console that determines what kind of games the developers will be able to develop for it, not the other way around. If the hardware is weaker then that of the competition it will have less detailed graphics in comparison, it's plain and simple.

Games will come in time, that much is certain, however the content of those games will be determined by the hardware they're released for.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i think sony should have spent a bit more time on Vita's design. it look and feels too big to fit in one's pockets, and the dual analog sticks are poorly made. i got to play a demo at Sony's store at stc, and it feels good in your hands. The graphics are great, but the size, isnt what a portable device should be.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Foxi, I think what Gshock is saying is that, in the end, if the developers DON'T deliver and take advantage of the specifications, then it won't matter. Imagine if, back in the NDS days, every company was like capcom and made games that, like Mega Man ZX, were basically just GBA games with a higher resolution. It wouldn't MATTER that the nds was capable of full 3d games with decent graphic like super mario 64ds because no one was making games that took advantage of that. I think that's what gshock is saying.

That said, I really don't think that'll be a problem at all.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
i think sony should have spent a bit more time on Vita's design. it look and feels too big to fit in one's pockets, and the dual analog sticks are poorly made. i got to play a demo at Sony's store at stc, and it feels good in your hands. The graphics are great, but the size, isnt what a portable device should be.
I actually found the Vita's analog stick feels better than the 3DS's because it actually feels like an analog stick also you don't have to slide it to use it but just tap it like a real analog stick.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I actually found the Vita's analog stick feels better than the 3DS's because it actually feels like an analog stick also you don't have to slide it to use it but just tap it like a real analog stick.
It is a nice feel... The only problem I have with the PSV's analogs (besides their size and the paranoia I have that they'll break in my pocket) is that it's SO hard to "light-press" them for walking slowly, and whatnot. At least that's how it was for me while playing the Uncharted Demo at Gamestop. :ha:

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
It is a nice feel... The only problem I have with the PSV's analogs (besides their size and the paranoia I have that they'll break in my pocket) is that it's SO hard to "light-press" them for walking slowly, and whatnot. At least that's how it was for me while playing the Uncharted Demo at Gamestop. :ha:
It is hard to use them for light walking since its harder to control but thats how it always is and I kinda gotten used to them.

LeomelsonBato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, the "graphics experience" for each system does depend on the games made for it.

i agree with that... look at the DS games most of them is lack of graphics but when someone push the Console to the limit they create a list of a good graphics games...but the sad part of that they create a good graphic game when the DS life is really low...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i agree with that... look at the DS games most of them is lack of graphics but when someone push the Console to the limit they create a list of a good graphics games...but the sad part of that they create a good graphic game when the DS life is really low...

TBH even the best looking DS games still look like bad PSP games on a good day though. I'd say the same for the 3DS although the gap is a bit smaller.

LeomelsonBato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

TBH even the best looking DS games still look like bad PSP games on a good day though. I'd say the same for the 3DS although the gap is a bit smaller.

i agree with that i little bit... because the DS has a poor screen compare it to the psp but why did they intend to emulate DS wanting to play those Bad Quality games?? because they like those games

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i agree with that i little bit... because the DS has a poor screen compare it to the psp but why did they intend to emulate DS wanting to play those Bad Quality games?? because they like those games

I didn't say the games were bad quality, they're just poor graphically in comparison to its competition. The DS has an awesome library, just nothing particularly good on the visuals end of it.

They wanted to emulate the DS because it sold a lot.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country

I didn't say the games were bad quality, they're just poor graphically in comparison to its competition. The DS has an awesome library, just nothing particularly good on the visuals end of it.

But isn't that there is an emulator for almost every console made regardless?

LeomelsonBato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

ahh sorry i missed understand that.. yeah you are right even if you compare the 2 Kingdom Hearts game of PSP and NDS... PSPs graphics was better but the NDS isnt bad also....

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country

ahh sorry i missed understand that.. yeah you are right even if you compare the 2 Kingdom Hearts game of PSP and NDS... PSPs graphics was better but the NDS isnt bad also....
If your an RPG fan then the NDS had some good games that is really enjoyable and fun to play but graphic wise it wasn't that great at all. The same will happen with the 3DS and the Vita, the 3DS's game will have some RPGs that is fun and enjoyable but graphic wise it won't be able to compete with the Vita.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...