Hardware Which Graphic Experience is Better 3DS or PS Vita?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
@[member='Midna'], I think what he and I are both saying is that the wii motion plus isn't a burden the way the cpp potentially is, and that's why we believe the cpp is less likely to have games requiring it... the wii motion plus only adds, what, a couple square inches to the back of a remote that was never meant to be portable outside the living room anyway (and even then, later versions had it built in). The cpp, however, adds WAY more than a couple square inches, and hinders the portability of the 3ds (which, unlike the wiimote, is supposed to be portable), and hence less people will want it.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Discostew didn't say anything about size. He was talking about the functionality of the peripherals.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
The Motion+ was an enhancement to the already existing method of reading motions. You didn't play games any differently. You just got more accuracy out of it for those that required it.
I don't see your point. It's as if you're trying to say that the Motion+ was less significant and therefore less likely to get games that required it. And it did get games that required it. The logical conclusion from your post is that the 3DS will have more games requiring it than the Motion+

Try to actually say something with your post, instead of just pointing out the differences. I don't think you meant to imply that.

Not saying it was less significant in the sense of what it offered, which is 1-to-1 motion reading. It simply didn't require doing anything different in terms of use from a player standpoint. You could say the Motion+ was more significant in that regard than the CPP because it didn't require a change on how to play. It enhanced the existing method. Arguably a reason why it was later merged into future Wiimotes (which Nintendo originally wanted, but costs prevented that).

The CPP, on the other hand, provides a different control scheme, much like the Wii Classic Controller. That in itself was never required for Wii and Wiiware games, but the option to use it was there if the games allowed.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS Vita has better graphics, 3DS is lesser graphics but with 3D. Now it's all about preference. I love 3D, but barely use it so I would say PS Vita wins in the better graphics experience, but I prefer my 3DS because it has Ocarina of Time on it. Yes, I am old school.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the record I think the Circle Pad Pro adds a lot graphically to the 3DS. In fact it makes the 3DS a 4DS because it adds so much in terms of graphical power.

If you were wondering, that was a joke about why the CPP is being discussed in a thread about the graphics of each, not which console has the worst tumorous growths on them.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
For the record I think the Circle Pad Pro adds a lot graphically to the 3DS. In fact it makes the 3DS a 4DS because it adds so much in terms of graphical power.

If you were wondering, that was a joke about why the CPP is being discussed in a thread about the graphics of each, not which console has the worst tumorous growths on them.

Actually, the DS is a 4DS and the 3DS is a 5DS. The DS has 2 2D screens, and the 3DS has 1 3D and 1 2D screen. Power to the numbers!

Reactions: 1 person

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not saying it was less significant in the sense of what it offered, which is 1-to-1 motion reading. It simply didn't require doing anything different in terms of use from a player standpoint. You could say the Motion+ was more significant in that regard than the CPP because it didn't require a change on how to play. It enhanced the existing method. Arguably a reason why it was later merged into future Wiimotes (which Nintendo originally wanted, but costs prevented that). The CPP, on the other hand, provides a different control scheme, much like the Wii Classic Controller. That in itself was never required for Wii and Wiiware games, but the option to use it was there if the games allowed.

Although the difference between the CPP and Motion+ is clear, the similarity is there too: the CPP could just as well be made a compulsory add-on (3DS revision?) for games. Just like the WiiMote was redesigned to WiiMote+. (Technically the WiiMote+ isn't 1-to-1 motion reading like you said, but that is completely different matter. There is always a bit of lag and other issues (need for the transmitter hooked up in the Wii for it to even function)).

On the matter of graphics (=OT), it's more a point of preference. Some people still say the NES had best graphics ever. For quite a few people the 3DS graphics upgrade compared to the DS (3D) is just a gimmick in the means that it adds something to many games, but the problem lies in the tech used: If the place it's used in, say a train or bus, happens shake even a bit, the 3D is annoying to keep in place. In normal mode it doesn't differ in any way to the DS experience (so far games haven't differed that much from the DS (haven't played every game out there so please refrain from judging my previous comment based on that)). Haven't had time to bash the Vita as I'd have wanted, but it does add in terms of realism and smoothness of games (the ones I've played). If the PS3 library is available in a portable form (the games I've liked a lot), I'd be very happy (especially if they were straight away available for the Vita if already purchased on the PS3). Unfortunately that can't be done with Wii games because of the controlling scheme..

Meh.. Can't decide which is better. Maybe I'll get 'em both some day.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a Microsoft person, and I know the Vita has better graphics. My 3DS is pretty good, but I'm seeing myself using the Vita more. (On it right now actually, 3DS is on charging cradle.)

Major +1 for Vita.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe

i love you

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

i love you

I don't understand, i didnt think the Circle Pad Pro adds more graphics to the 3DS...i thought all it did was add another analog to the side...

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i love you

I don't understand, i didnt think the Circle Pad Pro adds more graphics to the 3DS...i thought all it did was add another analog to the side...
:creep:

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i love you

Reactions: 1 person

orangpelupa

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
before considering to compare....

maybe first need go to game store and do hands-on on the 3DS?
just to make sure you can see the 3D without heavy problem.

if the 3D is ok then, it maybe depends on the artstyle you prefer. For cartoony/anime style 3DS is good. But for the realistic, vita is better. It have better color gamut, better contrast ratio, better resolution, etc (its using OLED panel).

xgambit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What, you never seen either of them? Unless you want 3D, which is cool by itself, then totally go with the Vita, got better graphics by far.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, since this flame war was bumped I feel the need to state the Vita graphics (atleast to me) are just good Wii graphics with 2x AA stuck on. If its HD, its just barely.

gallery_177066_1044_154619.jpg

This is better than any Wii game I've ever seen. Mind you this is also a still image so the jaggies are more present and it's not on an OLED.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
You know, since this flame war was bumped I feel the need to state the Vita graphics (atleast to me) are just good Wii graphics with 2x AA stuck on. If its HD, its just barely.

gallery_177066_1044_154619.jpg

This is better than any Wii game I've ever seen. Mind you this is also a still image so the jaggies are more present and it's not on an OLED.
But the vita has no AA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.