Hacking Which Direction Should I Go?

aetherh4cker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey All!

I've been out of the 3DS scene for nearly a year or so.

I have two N3DS, one at 9.4.0-21U and the other is at a slightly older version. I also have an O3DS at 4.5.0-10U. Lastly, I have a single Gateway 3DS card.

With the new Pokemon games out, what is the best method to get these playing backups and what not? I think Gateway supports up to the 9.4.0, so should I pickup two more Gateway's? Or Sky3DS? It also seems like CFW might actually be a viable option now, but it was pretty far into it's infancy last time I was doing things.

Just give me a little direction and I'll research the details myself. I'm a little overwhelmed with the information on here.

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey All!

I've been out of the 3DS scene for nearly a year or so.

I have two N3DS, one at 9.4.0-21U and the other is at a slightly older version. I also have an O3DS at 4.5.0-10U. Lastly, I have a single Gateway 3DS card.

With the new Pokemon games out, what is the best method to get these playing backups and what not? I think Gateway supports up to the 9.4.0, so should I pickup two more Gateway's? Or Sky3DS? It also seems like CFW might actually be a viable option now, but it was pretty far into it's infancy last time I was doing things.

Just give me a little direction and I'll research the details myself. I'm a little overwhelmed with the information on here.
It looks like all your devices are a9lh-ready. So you're better off installing a9lh+CFW and then Freeshop. If you knew how to do things in the beggining, it'll be MUCH easier now. The process also couldn't be safer. Just make sure you follow Plailect's and ask any questions you have about the process: https://3ds.guide/get-started

aetherh4cker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! Looks like that should cover most things I'd need! How do people play game backups / roms? Is converting them to cia the norm?

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks! Looks like that should cover most things I'd need! How do people play game backups / roms? Is converting them to cia the norm?
The answer above me is for playing roms. For playing backups, you just use Decrypt9WIP to dump your cart and you install the cia file that'll result from the process.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...