Pokemon Dream radar: Only finding Staryu

Protofall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's what's happening. I've been playing through the game and I have caught Thundurus, but haven't unlocked the "Landorus extension" yet. I'm trying to get some tier-3 (Orange) pokemon. According to bulbapedia this should be: Staryu, Porygon, Ralts and Bronzor. However, so far, I've found 2 Porygon, 13 (!) Staryu and Zero Ralts/Bronzor.

I've only found one other guy with the exact same issue as me (Can't post link :(). However, it seems no one answered him.

I had a few paragraphs typed out, but this website won't let me submit it for some reason, so if you need more details, hopefully I'm allowed to answer via replies
Post automatically merged:

Here's the post to that guy with the same issue
Post automatically merged:

Going to try and post more of that original post:
Upon doing further research, I saw Serebii's page claims the pokemon have slightly different encounter conditions. Inparticular, for Porygon, Ralts and Bronzor, it says they can only be found after catching Thundurus, however for Staryu it instead says Tornadus. This made me think somehow my savefile was corrupted and forgot I caught Thundurus? I used my modded 3DS to export the savefile and analyse it with a hex editor.

This guide (Link redacted) and this data format (Link redacted) generally explain how the savefile works. Its incomplete, however it seems my savefile is normal. The flag for catching Thundurous is enabled and it seems like I'm currently progressing towards the "Landorus/Gamma extension" which is correct. I've uploaded my savefile here if anyone wants to verify this.

There's also a few things of note that *may* be causing this, but I don't see how. I'm playing on a modded 3DS, the Dream Radar copy is US, but my cartridges are EUR, and I've been using "Checkpoint" to backup/restore savefiles (This is so I can get the legendaries on both copies of my B2W2 games without restarting my dream radar savefile). Also, those two Porygon were within the first 6 pokemon I found in Orange tier.

Any ideas what's going on, or tips on what I should do? I'm close to landorus, so I'm hoping Blue tier (Or "beating" the game) might somehow fix this.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 22
  • dream-radar-staryu-pain.zip
    308 bytes · Views: 27
Last edited by Protofall,

Protofall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still don't understand what's going on here, but I have an update.

I tried doing a Green-level, because according to Serebii you can't find Staryu there. I ended up finding a few Ralts and Bronzors. Soon after I caught Landorus, did a few Blue levels and have taken a break, so idk if Orange level is still polluted with Staryu. It shouldn't have been so much more common than Porygon.

I'll leave it at that. My advice is to use Serebii as a guide to find other pokemon you want if you keep getting one pokemon in a certain tier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol