Hacking Which cart does Castlevania PoR not freeze?

Sebokie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
i'm wondering if there are slot 1 flashcarts with which Castlevania PoR does not freze, because i have a R4 and it does freeze with both 1g Sandisk and 1g high speed Microdia. Especially, does ez5 freeze?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The G6 lite is the best bet for this game. I played all the way through without a single crash or freeze. I've heard rumors that some people had problems with this game on the G6, but it seems to be much less frequent than on other carts.

It seems that this game will lock up/crash on just about any cart, but the problems are less frequent the faster the flash memory is.

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oops, forget this. I thought you were talking about MicroSD.
shy.gif

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
its all depends on your micosd card try to get your hands on Kingston 512mb MADE IN JAPAN i cannot stress that more

i have a A-Data 512 made in taiwan im 8 hours into castelvania no freezes yet i cannot recomend this card yet cuase i havent beaten the game yet but soo far soo good and the card only cost $8.99 hehe

wuka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, no problem with M3 Simply/R4 and 1GB Kingston Japan here. It does freeze with 2 Taiwan version of the Kingston that I tried.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I played through it four times on G6Lite. No single crash. On R4 it crashed on 1GB Sandisk, but not with the Kingston 1GB (Japan).

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dammit, my kingston is made in Taiwan. Do you think I can invoke the customer service and get one from Japan? What would I say to Kingston?

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Called up Kingston, they're mailing me a Japanese card and I'm returning the Taiwanese card
smile.gif
This is only because the guy I talked to was cool, but he said Kingston is not claiming any difference between the cards.

neoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hear a lot of talk about PoR freezing, but WHERE in PoR does it freeze? Is it random? or is there a for sure part in the game I could check if it freezes or not?

ShortFuse

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It freezes on the DS-X at random times but only when you go to the menu (press start) when you access the map (press select), or when you access a portal (which acesses the map)
but not too often

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recall reading somewhere that Kingston has silently fixed the problems with the Taiwan cards, and that they now perform just as well as the Japan ones, though I'm not sure how reliable this information was, and I can't remember the source.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu