Emulation Apple Where will I be able to download a 3ds core on iOS

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No such thing, sorry. Doesn't seem like anyone wants to make a 3DS emulator for iOS anytime soon, most likely thanks to system restrictions.
iOS is closed-source meaning that nobody can develop for iOS without signing a non-disclosure agreement with Apple. In addition to this, iOS jailbreaks are very buggy in itself and can also lead to many risks such as security vunerabilities, commonly used apps not working, and of course removing the jailbreak back to stock.
Post automatically merged:

Believe me, I have learned this the hard way. Used to have an iPhone with the h3lix jailbreak applied, and one day I wanted to remove it. From what I've seen on YouTube you need to download an app to do that. I tried running the "Cydia" app and it kept crashing whenever I open it, re-installing the jailbreak did nothing, plus I can't do anything about it now since I deactivated my Apple ID a long while back.

Last edited by SylverReZ,
Reactions: Pin1988

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No such thing, sorry. Doesn't seem like anyone wants to make a 3DS emulator for iOS anytime soon, most likely thanks to system restrictions.
This really sucks when it comes to things like having the M2 chip in iPads or the horsepower of the latest iPhone. Having that kind of power and not being able to use it for emulation just sucks.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This really sucks when it comes to things like having the M2 chip in iPads or the horsepower of the latest iPhone. Having that kind of power and not being able to use it for emulation just sucks.
I know it sure does. The iPhone and iPad should be able to do emulation just fine, but nobody is going to develop for iOS because of the strict hardware security measures in place and due to the fact that jailbreaks are very risky and buggy.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I know it sure does. The iPhone and iPad should be able to do emulation just fine, but nobody is going to develop for iOS because of the strict hardware security measures in place and due to the fact that jailbreaks are very risky and buggy.
That's actually why I buy separate Android devices for emulation, which is a little annoying. I would love to use the M2 chip in my iPad Pro for emulation because that should easily handle up all of the games I want to emulate. Before asking, I use these for school, business, and other matters not related to gaming. I tried using Android phones in past for my daily driver and found myself spending too much time tinkering with Android, which resulted in me missing calls and shit, something I literally can't afford to do these days. The iPad for replacing my laptop when traveling and for similar reasons of not wanting to fuck with the stuff I am doing on it. Plus, Android tables just suck. I've yet to use an Android tablet that wasn't a completely mid experience compared to an iPad.

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's actually why I buy separate Android devices for emulation, which is a little annoying. I would love to use the M2 chip in my iPad Pro for emulation because that should easily handle up all of the games I want to emulate. Before asking, I use these for school, business, and other matters not related to gaming. I tried using Android phones in past for my daily driver and found myself spending too much time tinkering with Android, which resulted in me missing calls and shit, something I literally can't afford to do these days. The iPad for replacing my laptop when traveling and for similar reasons of not wanting to fuck with the stuff I am doing on it. Plus, Android tables just suck. I've yet to use an Android tablet that wasn't a completely mid experience compared to an iPad.
It all depends on what specs your Android device/s have that are capable to emulate/play games.

Reactions: Sypherone

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It all depends on what specs your Android device/s have that are capable to emulate/play games.
I am talking more about using them, Android tablets just feel mid as fuck. Although, tablets that allow a desktop-like experience are nicer compared to use a stock Android style.

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am talking more about using them, Android tablets just feel mid as fuck. Although, tablets that allow a desktop-like experience are nicer compared to use a stock Android style.
You can make it a much nicer experience by sideloading apps, installing themes replacing the stock Android style, debloating the pre-installed apps that came bundled with the device or installing a new Android OS.

PalmeraJam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iOS is closed-source meaning that nobody can develop for iOS without signing a non-disclosure agreement with Apple. In addition to this, iOS jailbreaks are very buggy in itself and can also lead to many risks such as security vunerabilities, commonly used apps not working, and of course removing the jailbreak back to stock.
Post automatically merged:

Believe me, I have learned this the hard way. Used to have an iPhone with the h3lix jailbreak applied, and one day I wanted to remove it. From what I've seen on YouTube you need to download an app to do that. I tried running the "Cydia" app and it kept crashing whenever I open it, re-installing the jailbreak did nothing, plus I can't do anything about it now since I deactivated my Apple ID a long while back.
You speak from ignorance... I've been working with jb since the beginning in 3g... in 2017 with Unc0ver everything changed... I just think you're a bit fond of the subject... you don't even need signed apps (except Unc0ver, which you can sign yourself with Mac or Win) nor do you run those risks that you say... unless, as I say, you are an amateur

• Angry

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER