Hacking Where to put Taiko Portable 2 DLC on Adrenaline.

morrissey2k7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When Taiko no Tatsujin Portable 2 was released, they gave away 44 songs for free, using the PSP's browser to download DON and KAT files. I found my backup of those files, but I can't figure out where to put them in the pspemu file structure for the game to recognize them in Adrenaline. Using the instructions at Taiko-Time, I tried to place them at pspemu/PSP/SAVEDATA/PPCD00765_TAIKO2_DL, but that didn't work. I noticed that the savedata folder for the game in Adrenaline is different, so I tried to put the DON and KAT files in that folder, but that didn't work either. I also tried to place the PPCD00765_TAIKO2_DL folder in the /PSP/GAME folder, where DLC from the PS Store goes, but it just shows up as corrupted data. If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate the help. These songs were never available on the PS Store, and it's not possible to redownload them anymore.

Last edited by morrissey2k7,

morrissey2k7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So upon further examination, the game loads up the DLC when the game starts, and I can see it when I go into the game settings menu (there's an option to check/delete DLC songs). However, they don't show up in the actual song list in the game. I think this may be because the original process of downloading the songs involved the game generating a link to a website that is tied to your save file (thus, your save file is the license), and since I don't have my original save file, I can't play the tracks. :( I'm glad they switched to using the PS Store for DLC after this game.

Last edited by morrissey2k7,

Instandhaltung

I feel it. I feel the cosmos!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So upon further examination, the game loads up the DLC when the game starts, and I can see it when I go into the game settings menu (there's an option to check/delete DLC songs). However, they don't show up in the actual song list in the game. I think this may be because the original process of downloading the songs involved the game generating a link to a website that is tied to your save file (thus, your save file is the license), and since I don't have my original save file, I can't play the tracks. :( I'm glad they switched to using the PS Store for DLC after this game.
Sorry for necro, but even with the original save, this doesn't work on other consoles. I have all my files, but the download is somehow probably linked to the original console... I really hope someone may be able to make a patcher or something someday :'(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.