Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

zb123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought also one 3DS(cosmos black/no XL) from amazon on wednesday(25.06.2014) - today it arrived,
was a bit similar to that one from Carrie(some posts above) :)

It was shipped by Peels Media from amazon, and they still have units "in stock": http://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listi...w?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1403900672&sr=8-2

- Serial: CEH11011XXXX /CEF10437XXXX(read below)
- FW: 1.1.0-0E
- Color: Cosmo Black
- Model: 3DS (non XL)
- Copyright year on the box: 2011

Was a bit surprised, by 2 facts, one that it had firmware 1.1.0-0E on it, and second thing, the serial on the box did not match the serial on the 3DS, on the 3DS it said: CEH11011XXXX , and on the box it was CEF10437XXXX, probably they mixed something up here...but whatever i will now buy or lend a game with 4.5 on it, and everything is good :D

Wow that's a really low FW version. I wonder if that's of any additional value to anyone...

dobbrunz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wow that's a really low FW version. I wonder if that's of any additional value to anyone...
Well I doubt it...because it can't really do more interesting stuff than newer versions, additionally, currently its a bit useless, even if somebody dumped it and copied it onto their PC, still he can't use it on any other unit

Edit: I know why the serial numbers were different, the unit itself was european, but the package was a north american one(including manuals) :P

phoanlien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks for all the tips guy, manage to snag one at staples for $80

- Serial: SW1237...
- FW: 4.4.0.10U
- Copyright: 2012 BOX/
- Color: BLUE/BLACK
- Model: 3DS XL

dobbrunz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think on amazon its really a gamble.
You could me lucky and recieve an old unit, or a new one with firmware >=5.x
Additionally if you buy a regular 3DS not the XL version, there is a higher chance of getting an old unit

I would suggest to be sure, to go into a store and ask if you can view the serial numbers, thats the only thing you can tell for sure if it has firmware <= 4.5...copyright 2012 doesnt guarantee fw <= 4.5

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:cry:Unfortunately, I am not from the USA, that's why I want to buy it via internet.
Or, I need to write to the seller and ask him Serial number? Is it possible on amazon?

I've noticed on Amazon that is' mostly other retailers selling them, so chances are probably pretty good you can ask them about serial #'s, seeing as they are probably small business and have the stock easy to get to, where Amazon has a ton of warehouses and no easy way to check that for you.

I have a bunch of Amazon Gift Card Credit, and seeing as Gateway says they are coming out with the 7.x updates, I was thinking of maybe risking it.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a bunch of Amazon Gift Card Credit, and seeing as Gateway says they are coming out with the 7.x updates, I was thinking of maybe risking it.

It's only for emunand, a 4.1/4.5 3ds will be still required.

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's only for emunand, a 4.1/4.5 3ds will be still required.

Ya, if you bothered to read the few posts above mine, you'd see we are talking about the possibility of getting a <4.5 via Amazon, via one of the other sellers (smaller sellers) that sell thru them.

Munshine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys

I've got a 3DS XL on 4.5 and I was wondering what a good price for it would be to sell?

It's in used condition with a few scrathes. I'm in the UK

Mylink5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Hello again! I've been wondering if it's worth it to take the gamble to buy an XL now, with the risk of it not being 4.5 or is it better to wait some time, when other firmwares will be hackable, as I'm in no real hurry or need for instant purchase of the console. What do you think?

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to get a pink 3DS XL at my local Wal-Mart yesterday. None of the other colors were old enough serial wise, but the other regular 3ds (non-xl) that was pink was also old enough to do from what the serial number indicated.
Luckily it already has 4.5, having booted it up.
So, don't under-estimate simply going to an high-turnover place and just try the less popular colors. I know if my local wal-mart still had one that old just for being Pink, it's likely the same elsewhere. (and I can get cases/repaint anyway)

google

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sooooo, my limited comprehension and the spreadsheet tells me that a PAL "Nintendo 3DS XL Ice White Super Mario 3D Land Bundle"
would most likely have a FW: 4.3.0?

I found a Swedish site that has some pretty old stock, but I won't bother unless there's a decent chance of a low FW...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Chips Ahoy cookies :D:wub::D